Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Musings


Good Morning Everyone. We are having a lovely morning here at our house, Ella and Roo lay in the sunshine in this spot every single morning, it's pretty cute and sets our day off to a nice start. Although this morning they were naughty and I had to clean up some pee! Even after being a rabbit slave/parent for over 10 years now, I have to remind myself that 'bunnies will be bunnies'.

I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to face this new week with coziness and excitement. This weekend I had a recap lesson on how to NOT covet what others have, but I won't get into the details, ha ha. I do truly believe that there is something to learn, big or small from every single person we meet throughout our day. Luckily, lately my life is full of wonderfully warm and fulfilled people with successful careers and successful personal lives, it's lovely and empowering to be around, that's for sure.

So hmmm...let's see, our weekend was rather quiet, we spent Saturday at my folks, eating, eating and eating, my dad had to try out his new grill, ha ha...it was a lovely visit, I love my parents. They are the kind of parents who are there for you no matter what, they see a need and they fill it and that means alot to both myself and my sweetheart. They are also, our one and only trusted bunny-sitters, ha ha.

I was served breakfast in bed on Sunday, where we proceeded to watch "War of the Worlds", I don't know why, it seemed like an odd pick for a sunny Sunday morning but that's what we felt like watching whiles we ate and vegged out, it is one of our favourite movies. I didn't realize that that story is written by H.G. Wells, which I found funny because I am currently listening to the audio book of H.G. Wells 'The Invisible Man" and it's not my cup of tea at all!

Speaking of tea, let me share with you a new find and one that I love, "Yogi Teas". As you can see I have a growing collection.


Well dear readers (though I don't think there are very many of you at this moment!), I have to get my little fingers to work. I started on a new pastel this weekend and I am frustrated because it's been a long time since I played with pastel and I forgot how messy it is till I get to the coloured pencil stage. My trick also with pastel is to work with a tiny little keyboard vacuum. Because I have allergies and pastel dust can often aggravate me (but I am not willing to give it up entirely) and I really dislike blowing the dust into the air. However this weekend I couldn't find my vacuum, so every time I'd get enough dust to blow away, I'd run upstairs and out to the front porch to blow it off out there! Maybe I'll go searching for a new little vacuum today, as I turned my studio upside down trying to find my old one!

Have a good day everyone. I'll share a new image with you tommorow. Happy Creating in whatever form you choose to do it in.

No comments: