Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday Troubles


Hi Everyone. Well I must admit to not getting off to a great start today. The nasty flu that started on Friday is still present and I am not feeling that great today. On top of a migraine, I find myself constantly drifting back to my cozy duvet and heating pad, listening to the pouring rain, with the bunnies dozing nearby and worrying about the basement flooding!

It is an on-going lesson and one which I have yet to master, to not let outside stresses deter me from my creative days and work...but once in awhile and naturally so I think, things just build up on top of you and you can't concentrate as well as you should be.

Our garage is flooded with about 3 inches of ice and I know we'll be spending most of the evening out there trying to chip it away before it starts to melt. The solitary raccoon that's taken refuge in the garage attic has his very own personal skating rink, ha ha.

I am slowly learning that as creatives, we must allow ourselves these 'bogged down' days, as long as we don't dwell in the bog too long and get back to work the next day. On days like this I find that reminding myself of some recent successes helps...so today let me show you a tiny little coloured pencil I did that was winner in the Waterford Saunders Postcard Competition just a couple months ago. I had no ideal that I had placed, till a delivery man knocked on our door with a large package and much to my delight and happiness the package was filled with complimetary watercolour pads and a congratulations note. I've recently stuck the little 4x6" original in a white frame and it's been living in our dining room, however I think I may just put the original up for sale in my Etsy shop soon.

Thanks Everyone and Take Care of Your Creative Spirits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I would prefer a dry garage floor to a custom skating rink for the wild animals in the neigbourhood :-) JP