Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It Doesn't Take Much & A New Sketch

I always pride myself on being a complicated person who enjoys simple things...Jonathan always says it doesn't take very much to entertain or make me happy and I think he's right. As artists, I think we gather visual inspiration for our creations from a myriad of things. And as a very visual person, I believe in surrounding myself with beautiful things, great colour and things that make me smile inward or outward. Well this week, I am being thoroughly entertained and filled with joy by 2 new studio items....

This adorable and fun watering can, apparently hand-made and painted in India.

And though I plan to spray paint it white to blend into my studio abit more...I just love this new display easel I got the other day....

Oh I know I know....the old adage that things shouldn't bring one joy...but heck they do and I am not ashamed to admit it. A fancy new display easel to hold my Miss Penelope Posy, or a favourite new creation...perfectly positioned to greet studio visitors into my world, why wouldn't that make one happy, ha ha.

So I am trying a new thing here this week, because I've been feeling so neglectful with showing you all new imagery on the regular basis in which I planned to do so. I am going to try to get a new little sketch done everyday for you...teasers before the colour work is done. So here is today's quick sketch....

So I'll see you all here again next Tuesday...I am still only posting 3 times weekly, especially since I am so busy with an upcoming group exhibition and a new client. So Be Well everyone and until next week, take good care, xxoo, Mandy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post? an armadillo! crunchy on the outside soft in the middle just like me, haha!

I love it!