Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Favourite Weekend Photos

Good Thursday Everyone...I hope this post finds you all having an excellent day. I've been in my studio all day so far with my favourite sky.fm station blasting, amongst my colour and inspiration and so I am having an excellent day myself...and yes even despite a small headache. I really wanted to share some of my favourite photos from the long weekend. It was busy and fun and we took well over 200 photos but I'll just share a few with you today. Firstly, we hit North Bay's Festival with our dear pals Lisa and Jon and their two boys Noah and Ben (I won't post photos of them, because I haven't asked yet if it'd be okay). I loved these two rides, they are so beautiful somehow...and check out the paintings of Venice on the roundabout one, they were just lovely...

I loved the fact that Jon was playful enough to climb the 30 foot rock wall, even though he's afraid of heights...

I debated for a while whether or not I'd post this following picture because as an animal advocate I am against petting zoos. But I found in this years version, the animals were not able to be pet or overly fed etc so that made it abit more bearable for me to see. Even though I know it's not possible nor will ever even remotely happen, I just believe every wild animal should be exactly that...wild and free. That being said, I was heart-wrenchingly drawn to the Patagonian Cavies from South America, and I was drooling and head over heels in love with them but also with their beautiful and mind-boggling special babies of which there were 3. The Patagonian Cavie has always been one of my most favourite animals...so when we were walking by the cages for the boys to see the bunnies (I won't even start here about my urge to jump in the cage and rescue all 4 but they did seem to enjoy the company of their cellmate...a kangaroo) and we passed the Patagonian Cavies and my head whipped back around, I couldn't believe that there 2 feet away from me was a real live couple and it's brood...I was overwhelmed, they were even more lovely then I thought they'd be. So the day was weird for me after that being a mixture of sadness at seeing these creatures out of their natural habitat and not being able to run their fantastic 40 mph...but also I was brought to me knees by their preciousness and beauty. Oh I am not expressing myself well here, but I am sharing this photo with you because I hope that they jar just even one person out there reading my blog to appreciate and love animals and care for them even more.

That same night we ended up spending the evening with my old pal Bruce and his fiancee Linda. They were house sitting and his parents have an excellent place on the lake, so we just b-b-cued, caught up, and sat by the dock, here was the view...

The following day Jon and I grabbed a delicious sub and falafal and went to one of my favourite parks...

The company could not have been better but I think the food was made even more delicious by the lovely view of our little city...

Then we went with Lisa and Jon and the boys up to our beautiful waterfalls. It's becoming a beloved tradition, to do this hike and spend the afternoon up there whenever our dear friends come to town to visit. We got so many beautiful shots of the boys and of the adults with the kids etc...But let me share some of my favourite non-human shots...

And with that...I shall say caio...I have yet another busy day, I want to get a new drawing finished up and transferred to the substrate and I must clean as my little niece is coming for a sleepover this evening and she's allergic to dust...like her Auntie Mandy! Be well everyone...and happy being (sky.fm's world station helps out).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had a wonderful weekend with yous guys too :)