Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Mini Facelift

My talented dad made this cool little shelf for me ages ago (well in 1987 to be exact!). We had seen the same design painted with folk art flowers in a beautiful little store in the middle of the Black Forest, in Germany. When we got back home, he set about to make my mom and I some duplicates and I know we both loved em oh so much.

...now I am usually good with not painting the stuff my dad makes me, but in this case I didn't think he'd mind, or atleast I hope he doesn't!...shhhhh...but I couldn't help myself....I just had to breathe abit of freshness into it with these delicious colours....

Now for some reason, it's one of the first things my eyes go to in my colour-filled studio...but still, shhhhh don't tell....

From one naughty artist to the rest, be well, be joyful and be inspired (even it's by painting over old treasures!). Mandy.

3 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

Looks really cute! Sometimes you just have to be naughty!:-)

Jenn said...

So cute! I love that phrase, "one naughty artist to the rest..."

Jonathan said...

Looks good painted. I doubt your dad would raise objections...