Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Necklaces with Bodhi, The Elephant

I am quite confident that my illustration 'Bodhi, the Elephant' makes for a nice necklace, so I proceeded to make a few more with this picture and I am again happy with how they turned out. What do you all think? Here is one with lovely pink seashell beads...(again all glass, wood or shell beads...I can't stand using plastic ones).
(this one is sold)
But this one following is available here at my Etsy Shop.
I think it's quite nice as well. Grab your necklaces from my shop as soon as you can because I think that in August, those that haven't sold will be pulled from the shop roster and just sold by me from my studio, or through local shops, so you might not be able to get them!
I do plan a shop update soon with some lovely new prints, I think I've finally found a paper I am happy to print on, I'll give you all a heads up here as to when those will be added to the shop. Speaking of elephants, I found it serendipitous that today's planned post was to show you all the new Bodhi necklaces and than I came across this youtube video of two very unlikely and devoted friends, it is so sweet it makes me teary eyed, check it out.
Oh and one more thing...my best friend will be at Koma Designs tonight showing her carpets and new silk pillows, click here for the info and if your in the Toronto, ON area and are interested. Until another day, be well, be happy and good creating.

5 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

I absolutely love the elephant necklace!! :-) The colours are so rich and the beads are perfect with it. I like the large, wine coloured beads, but the lower one looks nice too.

Judit Gueth said...

PS: thanks for mentioning Koma Designs!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Judit, I am finding that white beads work really well in the mix of colours, I think because I use alot of white in my images, this was the 3 or 4th I put white beads on and it just seems to make the image and other bead colours pop.

Of course I mention Koma, silly chicken:D I just noticed earlier that the link wasn't working though, so I just fixed it:D I wish I could be there...but I'll be thinking of ya and wishing you luck from afar.

Gaby Bee said...

This elephant necklace is simply wonderful. I just adore your use of color. Simply perfect!
Gaby xo

Jonathan said...

Another brilliant necklace. Your imagery suits them perfectly.

Judith, sorry we couldn't make it up for the show...