Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, May 25, 2009

The Paddle Project

The past few days, I've been slaving away on a project for a local gallery but also it's a project which will serve me well also because I've designed it so that I'll get a beautiful new art doll and jewelry display out of it as well. At this point I am not even sure if I'll get it done in time for the gallery portion of the project!...it's been much more time consuming than anticipated and I refuse to give anything less than my best work...and I've been away so much that it was put on the back burner a few days too long so we shall see...
The project making my little fingers ache from coloured pencil nubs! involves this paddle...

...I've been working on it almost day and night with few breaks in between...by the day I work here, out in the gazebo...by night I move everything into the house and listen to movies...

...an afternoon snack of green mint tea and raspberries was called for today to give my fingers abit of a break..especially when my sharpeners are working against me, my pencils seem to be breaking more often than usual...but oh, how delicious are the prismas when they sit in the sun and get all warm and the waxy pigment soft...

...plus my co-workers, Ella Luna and Roo seem to like the current arrangement of working outside all day long, ha ha...
...so I guess though I am working hard and multiple projects are not going as smoothly as I'd like!, I ultimately have nothing to complain about;D!
I just got back from Toronto for another 2 days for the 3rd time this month...it's going to be nice to stay home for a few weeks and settle back into our routines, the rabbits defiantly concur with that! I'll share some new photos from our days in the city, as soon as I am done with the paddle, have the gallery set up more underway and have time to sort out the photographs...I took over 125!
Thanks for popping in.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Nice to see the yard taking shape for the season...let the outdoor projects begin!

ps, we still haven't had a BBQ yet....