Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, September 28, 2009

New Illustration 'The House & The Dreamer"

I've been working diligently more so than I have in quite awhile and I have to say it feels fantastic to be so focused on my work. I have a forward momentum going now that I really hope I can keep up because I have so many more new ideals I am so excited to finally get to... But yeah, here is a new one...again for my exhibition...It is called "The House & The Dreamer"...I think the concept and story is pretty straight forward with this one. At the bottom I wrote "The House Protects The Dreamer And The Dreamer Fills The House". It was sparked by my ideals and possible theme for a co-exhibition I have coming up in 2010.

And of course....a print is available here in my beautiful Etsy shop:D....do pop on in and have a browse if you've never been before.

I am off to colour some more and to snuggle a bunny...after all it is very gloomy yet cozy fall day and whats better to do than hang with bunnies on these kind of days:D

I am in the last stretch of exhibition preparations and going in Thursday to hang my show so I don't know that I will post alot this week, but I'll try if I have time for I do have 3 more new illustrations created just for the exhibition to share with you pluse I'll take oodles of photos once it's all hung...oh I can't wait. The frames Jonathan made for me are all done and just wonderful and seeing my work matted and framed just gives me a boost and a little reminder that 'heh I am pretty good' ha ha.... and I just can't wait to see so many of my coloured pencils collected together all in the same place...ohhhhhh so excited:D

p.s. If your interested in signing a petition to try to stop Iceland from killing whales there is a new form here or in my 'take action for animals' section on the right hand side of this blog. Thanks!

4 comments:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Your work is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see your post on your exhibition -- as you said, everything together. I'm sure it will be amazing.
As for snuggling a bunny... we have a saying around our house if we have had a bad day - "bring me a bunny please". And we bring a bunny and everything is right in the world again. :)

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Oh, and meant to tell you --- the 5
mini-rex bunnies on my blog are siblings. Their mama was a rescue that I took in and had NO IDEA that she was pregnant. So, these little buns were born and we kept them all, had them spayed/neutered and they stayed a happy little family (although we did lose their mama very unexpectedly one sad day). So, that is how they can all be best of friends and they do really all get along well. It's very heartwarming. I know it can be difficult to bond even a pair, so we feel very lucky.
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Bridget

Lori said...

I so love the productive times- you are doing so much wonderful art. I am trying to get some of that energy from your blog to make it work over here! Post a picture of your work all matted and framed if you can! Would love to see it...
And thanks for the link to take action for animals.

Jonathan said...

Always with humans trying to kill things. How sad.

The illustration is great as always. So much thought put into your pictures...Make me proud (as always).