Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Someones Trash is My New Treasure

Awhile back I was in a thrift store and I came upon this lovely picture made from thread, it really caught my eye and at only $2.99 it was also easy on my wallet! It really made me feel nostalgic and remember the past when I used to embroider and do crafty things like this. Someone put alot of time into this piece and did a nice job and I loved the colours...so I brought it home, painted the light brown frame a bright red and voila...a new piece of art that I really do unexpectedly love, ha ha. Now every time I go into a thrift or antique store my eyes are peeled for threaded floral pictures, not like I need to collect anything else!! But it just once again goes to show that someone else's trash is some one else's treasure, hooray!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

LOVE! The red frame really makes the artwork pop. I love how you see the potential in things like all the furniture you re-paint.

Judit Gueth said...

Yes, Mandy is amazing at refinishing things and Jon is really good at building things. I love their home! :-)