Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Toronto...Part 2 of 4...The Beach

Walking along the seemingly endless wooden boardwalk along Toronto's waterfront is one of our favourite places to spend some time when we're in the big city... And despite there always being lots of people around, you can always find moments of complete privacy and quietness, because people seem to mind their own business and are involved in their own stories and lives...sometimes you can't find that in smallish towns like where we live! In the city you have anonymity...sometimes I miss that...
This was a building right alongside the boardwalk and I loved how the shadows of the afternoon danced on the siding...
This dog playing along the shoreline made me feel so cozy and content but also made me anxious to get to my best friend who I knew I'd be spending the evening with and also made miss our furry babes back home...usually half a day or even a few hours away from home and the bunnies makes me crave to get back to them.
Something about the Toronto police on horseback makes me giddy with awe, ha ha.
This woman looks good on her horse...I was happy to see a female up there in the saddle as well.
I really like this shot...with the duck in the water and the upside down Tim Horton's cup on the fencepost! It does speak of our lack of respect for the natural world doesn't it...well whomever left it there is not treading lightly on this earth I am quite sure!
And than just when we didn't think the day could get better we saw two people on the beach creating these cool little stone pillars...a balancing act of sorts and quite impressive to view and watch. There were tons of these stacks taking up at least 10 metres of beach...
I found this guy so beautiful to photograph and the way he so intently and serenely focused on his tower of balancing stones was lovely and calming to watch...I found myself breathing easier just watching him...
I think part of what I found so beautiful about this scene was not just the perfect day we were previously enjoying, or the fantastic warm summer air wafting gently around everyone, nor the waves crashing down on the beach but it was how these two people building their rock creation didn't give a single fig about what anyone thought...they were simply in that moment building whatever they were building and not caring a second what anyone else thought...I have to learn to do that better...
...Full concentration on the task at hand...feeling ease in the moment present because you know your doing exactly what your meant to be doing at that exact moment...also something I am working on, ha ha...
A wonderful day...with some pretty cool shots taken too I think:D Again thanks for joining me here and having a look at some of my photos...like I said before, I don't call myself a photographer by any stretch of the imagination but I sure do love my camera....and I do plan to open an Etsy Shop for some of my photos...why not give it a try right!? I already have my banner and name picked out too. Come back again on Friday for another and new Beautiful Bird. Be Well All.

5 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

I also enjoy seeing policemen on bikes (in shorts of course)! :-)

I love the stone pictures!

Jonathan said...

Great shots....definately brings me back...especially looking out my office window right now over our little city and lake...and not being able to see anything because of the winter storm we are being hit with.

Ah...I can hear the waves...

Art by Katalin said...

i enjoyed looking through your photos..love the once with the rock creations..i'm always amazed by the people who can build them..mine never stands too long :)

Dogwood said...

Love your photos! Keep them coming. You have a great eye for finding interesting things to take pictures of and the use of light and dark.

Talent...talent...thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

I love your photos in black and white! I am so looking forward to seeing your photo etsy shop :)