Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Picture

I finished this cutie pie in coloured pencil last week and I really enjoyed stepping away from 'my style' for a few hours and working on something more realistic from one of my old photographs. This was a little chipmunk that frequented our yard for a couple years and he was blind in one eye, he was so sweet...but I guess all chipmunks are! The original is already sold but a print will be available shortly in my shop and in card format at Art On Main in the next couple of weeks. ..as you can see it was created in sunlight and bliss one sunny bunny filled Saturday afternoon...

...here's a shot not quite at the half way point....

That's about all I have to share for today....Have a great day everyone.

4 comments:

Lori said...

sweet!

Dogwood said...

Love the chipmunk. Darling. Love his sweet wiskers. Brave lady...stepping out and creating some thing new and different. You go girl.

I am hoping that Bella Ella is doing well.

Hugs...

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks guys:D I've worked in this realism style before, just not for awhile and not strictly in coloured pencil, so its nice...a robin and duck are next on the agenda...'see' yous over at your places soon. p.s. Dogwood, Ella is doing very well thanks for asking.

Jonathan said...

Nice photos showing the progression of the image.