Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, March 8, 2010

Update On Our Ella-Luna....

A few lovely people have been asking after our lovely Ella Bella:D...thank you all. It warms my heart when people ask after the bunnies. As most of you know, our Ella Luna had surgery to remove some infected 'bumps' a few weeks ago. Well since than she has had her stitches out and boy oh boy that girl of ours is an industrious one...first she pulled half the stitches out (despite very diligent watching I must add!) leaving the wound open in parts and making for some very tiring watching, cleaning and stressing!...the stitches she didn't yank out were pulled out to some degree and frayed to hell by the time they were suppose be removed (apparently she had another time schedule for their removal in mind)! The vet said he had never seen an animal pull their stitches like that, let alone natter at the nylon to the point where they were completely frayed. The doctor had a hard time to get the stitches out because they were so frayed and pulled, but he did a great and gentle job and Ella didn't even flinch once, not even when he had to cut some scabbing off and mentioning that, ha ha I'll just pass over the part where Jonathan and I almost passed out! ha ha...
...Now she's home without stitches and she's happy and doing beautifully...super active like she were a youngling, chasing and bossing Roo's butt around like there were no tomorrow, jumping up on the couches which she stopped doing years ago! so all this beautiful and fresh burst of energy leads us to believe that the bumps were indeed bothering her more than we suspected. We still have to clean the wound everyday with peroxide for another month and than than the doc wants to see her again at the beginning of April, but so far she's back to her wonderful spirited self...our precious heart...our little glossy black super trooper. OH and yes:D...I forgot, the biopsy results came back just a few day after the surgery and it was benign, yay:D After that news we were able to breathe normally again! So from Jon, Ella-Luna, Roo and moi...Thank you for all your energies, good thoughts, hugs and interest in our furry babe.

8 comments:

Karen M said...

Congratulations on the lumps being benign. What a relief that must be for you. I guess stitch removal must have been her "project", and bunnies do love a project. There is nothing so determined as a bunny with a goal!

mia said...

How did I miss this? Poor wee mite~glad to hear she's on the mend!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Joyous happiest news!
hugs and friends,
shell

Jenn said...

I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well! And she's a bit of a pickle with her stitches! I love that she's spunky and full of energy. What a sweet "wittle wabbit." Smooches to Ella Luna.

Dogwood said...

Oh, that Ella! What a funny bunny. Pulling out the stitches. Wow...I guess they were bothersome! Well, so glad to hear that your Ella is doing so well.

I have been out of town and happy to home to read and catch-up on my blog friends.

Hugs, Dogwood

Charlotte said...

I am so pleased she is doing well, and loved to hear of her spirit and energy.

I remember when Humph had his 'bits' removed and the vet told me I had to keep him settled and still. Yeah right. I settled him upstairs in the bedroom and left him for peace and quiet. Next thing I new - within about a minute - he had chased down the stairs and up onto the sofa!

Love Charlotte
xx

Lori said...

Oh I'm so glad. Much love to all of you!

Jonathan said...

Ella and the stitches...there's a childrens cautionary tale in there somewhere...Its good that the vet smell wore off so Roo would sit with her again.