Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Process and Summer Days...

I've been feeling abit on edge the last couple weeks and I didn't quite know why, than it hit me, something sooo simple...too much time online which is often, for me a pretty quick and direct route to a whole bunch of stressing, worrying & negative thinking about running out of time to make my dreams come true and not being brave enough to let my creative biz soar...

It's okay, no worries, this is just my routine...the magic that is me, ha ha...I work and work and work and dream really hard, I spend to much time bouncing around online, I flounder about abit, I feel like I am spinning my wheels, I wonder who's looking and caring, I get discouraged (yet my flame is never even near being extinguished!) and than I remember what works for me, what my best process is and what really matters at the end of the day....

...I remember after a couple tiring and tortured weeks that all the stress and worry and excess time online takes me away from my healthy balance and my creating the work that is the main part of my dreams! And once again, like a hundred times before, I realize I can't rush this creative journey of mine, it is what it is and it will be what I want it to be but rushing won't help anyone, especially me...

...SO, I am once again only allowing myself only a few hours online each day and than I get back to what has always embraced me in kindness, calm and abundance...to all of the simple pleasures that help fuel my creativity; coffee, naps, favourite old movies, bike rides, lunch with friends, playing outside, reading, rearranging furniture, baths...and of course days which are beautifully full of time for art making, honey loving, bunny snuggling, music blasting, dancing, good food, time outside with large pastels whiles bunnies romp around my feet...

...you get the point....I am back in my balanced state, it probably won't be for long, I am after all a creative through and through, ha ha but today...today indeed my spirit is calm, my heart is smiling wide and my creative aspirations are feeling incredibly strong willed...

...Ahhhhh...and even my headaches & migraines haven't even been that bad this month, whoot whoot...

....Today I am wishing you all a great weekend with full, calm, happy and hopeful hearts...the photos below show what our weekends usually look like...

We don't have any big & exciting summer plans, no travel will be had...well we did have 1 event that I was looking forward to all year but that was cancelled on us...the bunnies keep us pretty housebound, which sometimes is abit hard because even though we are both homebodies, we are also equal part road hobos who love jumping in the car at a whim BUT when it really comes down to it, we never complain because we wouldn't trade our bunnies for a trip around the world...so indeed, we're having beautiful summer days...hope you are all as well...especially to all you 9-5ers...See yous next week. XO Mandy and the Buns, Ella Luna, Roo, Jin and Apple Jaks.

p.s. Some of these shots will be in my "Bella Bijou" photography shop, opening soon, I am going to take a leap with this, I believe in my photographs and hoping others love em too!

p.p.s I am going to take a couple days off from posting and will be back with you with some new work, oodles of bunny pics and other goodness next Wednesday...

15 comments:

Lavender Rabbit said...

Oohhh, your weekend sounds and looks so lovely! I can't wait to see the photo shop, I know it will be awesome:)

Faith said...

Hi! I totally know what you mean about too much time online and the stress that it creates. I've learned that when I feel like I need a break it is OK to take one! Good for you, and the pictures of your bunnies are soooo cute, oh my goodness. I had a bunny when I was 11 to 14 and I still miss him, so I always like some bunny love. I wish I could hug your's! xo Faith

RG said...

Our kind of summer too ... !!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Mandy...you took the words right out of my mouth and my head! I have been feeling the exact same way. And then, last night when I realized I hadn't returned an email to you...I knew I was spending too much time in other places, getting caught up in things and not being where my "friends" are.
Time for us to create, love our bunnies and remember how to rest a little so our creative muses can sing again without our minds being cluttered.
I think your photographs are wonderful and truly beautiful. Of course, I love your art too. Looking forward to seeing more.
A beautiful weekend to you my friend. Snuggles to the buns and hugs from me!

Valerie Hart said...

Ohhh I am in love with your bunnies... And I can relater to this post and the online / creating artwork balance that we all struggle for... Happy few days off! Love & blessings, xoxo Valerie

jacqueline said...

Dearest mandy, i too totally understand what you mean and how you feel spending too much time online! I am soo happy that you are working on your time management and being kind to yourself. I adore your rabbits! They are sooooo adorable! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Michele said...

You have hit the nail on the head for me. I too am feeling stressed out about all the time I am spending online now. It seems my days easily slip away while I'm busy reading blogs and the ecourse. :)

Love that you are balanced again, hope it stays that way for awhile! And i love the pictures of your weekend. Those bunnies are so adorable! As an animal lover and former vet tech it is fun to see all the cute pics. :)

Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Hi Mandy, I too can relate to your on line stressing. I am in the process of learning to manage that. I'm excited to see your photo shop :)

Mandy Saile said...

Ohhhh thanks sooo much everyone for all these wonderful comments...sometimes it's easier to hide our real process or troubles but with this post I open myself up to my real creative process/turmoil so the kind comments and feedback etc is lifting...hugs to you all...p.s. a wonderful weekend was had...I am anxious to get back to blogging already:D

eva diva said...

It's so true, I've been so stucked online and not creating artworks for days and my moods got so blue and sinking, then my sister's birthday save me bcos I wanted to paint her something and then I just got right back into the creative flow.

Swimming helps ground me and keep me physically active and uplift me. Thanks for the wonderful reminder. This post is just what i needed to read and acknowledge that I'm to take my creative journey at my own pace.

Mandy Saile said...

Oh I am so glad your back to the creativity Eva Diva...thanks for letting me know this post inspired you:D yayyyy:D

Judit Gueth said...

Yes, spending too much time online is a huge problem for me too. I'll have to make an effort to start creating designs again. You're a huge inspiration, because you're able to keep you work going no matter what and I really admire you for that. Happy creating Chicken! :-)

Katie :o) said...

This is so beautifully written! And so true! (And we have dial-up out here in cow country... so it is very, very easy to spend too much time on-line. Most of it *waiting* for things to load....) Your work is beautiful! I love the bird series and the bunny!

Katie :o) said...

Oh! Found you through raspberry rabbits :o)

Jonathan said...

Bella, just do what you want to do when you feel you need to do it. Simple as that. No worries, ever.

ps, like Gorilas in the mist, are those our Bunnies in the Grass?