Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Felt Fun & Whimsy...

I love this time of year because it means the making of items which include delicious coloured felt, buttons, beads & baubles, oh my...


I am in the middle of a few projects but I get so blissed out making my felt stars every year. (you can see some of last years batch here) They are one thing that I don't care if they don't sell...if they don't sell I happily hang them around our house/studio.

Here is my first batch...I made 25 so far (my sore & numb fingertips are being ignored!)...


Every single star was designed & hand-stitched by moi and I made no 2 alike, every single one is unique...I sell them as xmas ornaments but I have mine hanging up all year round, they really add abit of charm and whimsy to any room....









They might make it to the shop, but I must hang onto them for now to fill up my table at an upcoming xmas art and craft sale & possibly for the Art On Main xmas tree, though I have another little project in the works for that bit. 

(Please excuse the darker photos, it's been raining here constantly and I just didn't want to wait for some sunlight to shoot the photos).

I've designed abunch of paper dolls, a new felt doll design to use some of my fantastic antique laces on, AND  I am finally getting to my sewing machine for some more Lagomorph Lovelies....

See you tomorrow for the winner of my October Giveaway. 

Thanks oodles for hopping in.

p.s. I just discovered the music of "Camille", I've no ideal what she's saying but I love love love her sound & style...I am blasting her in the studio today, espeacially this song:D

12 comments:

Stephanie Amos said...

Oh Mandy! I just love your stars! I am so ready to break out my sewing machine. I don't know what it is, but I love to snow in the winter. There's just something about that little hum. =)
lots of hugs,
samos

Lucy Ingels said...

Your stars are gorgeous...love the colors!

Judit Gueth said...

Oh, those are extra fancy indeed!! :-)

Lori said...

Mandy these are SO wonderful! They look like they take a super long time- very detailed and sweet. I LOVE the picture of you at the top. You're so cute. I hope you head pain has been better...
much love, Lori

Paula J said...

These are cute and beautiful. I'm inspired!
xop

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Ohh... these are fantastic! I love how each one has it's own special look! :)

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks Stephanie, Lucy, Chicken, Lori, Paula and Jennifer...I wasn't sure anyone would bother commenting on this post...I am so glad to see people love them as much as I love making them...I admit, I would like to keep each and every single one for myself, ha ha.

amy friend said...

love these. i use to make christmas stars with my grandmother - from her quilting remnants. yours are much better!

Tammie Lee said...

each one is so charming!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I love the star you made me! It is a treasure and hangs in my studio. I think of you every time I look at it!
Love Camille's music. You always find the coolest artists!
xx, shell

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks so much lovely ladies, I can't wait to show you the next batch now:D

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Your stars are great and always unique.