Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, October 4, 2010

Outdoor Studio Days Are Numbered...

Brrr...it's getting chilly around these parts...abit too chilly lately to bring everything outside for some serious work...I am abit sad every year to say goodbye to my lovely outdoor space...sure we go out in winter with the buns for a couple hours everyday if it's not too cold, they love the snow but of course it's not the same...so I thought before I start to pack everything up for the winter, I'd show you my beloved outdoor space/studio...


...here's my coloured pencils set up in the large 'gazebo' (which Jon and I made our selves)...


...and here is my easel with a coloured pencil in progress (I am trying to work upright these days to help save my neck and ward of the head pain perhaps, so far I don't notice a difference but I'll keep at it)...


...my favourite colour is red, it's everywhere in our home, and I couldn't resist adding it to the outside too, especially on the garage door...


...I take frequent breaks when working with coloured pencil, because my work is so detailed etc it's important for my hands, eyes and back...so on some of those breaks I'll grab a book and sit on my sweet pink bench by the 'pond' (which has been emptied out for the fall in this shot unfortunately)...


Ella Luna and Roo are always close by...they bask in the sun, play at my feet, bunk & bink, dig holes and nibble on grass all day long as I work, it's just lovely...


...Than there is our upper deck, which I love as much as the big gazebo...(we made this one as well)...
I might take a break or two up here with a book and a cup of tea...


...It's one of Ella's favourite hang outs too...she's there under the red rocker in this shot but you can barely see her, ha ha...she's afraid of the big black crows so it's important that she has lots of things to hide under (even though they couldn't carry her away)...


I spent lots of time out here in the summer....I love it so (despite the hot tub humming of my neighbours!)..the twinkle lights & candles at night are wonderful..


...but usually my main set up for studio work is down in the main spot, that is Roo napping under the table but again you can barely see him...(we also made this table)...


psst....we also made that fountain against the fence (which we also built, ha ha) and the sweet colourful table to the right, we also made...we really take pride in working so hard for our sweet little home...


...Anyhoo...that's where I spend most of my summer days...my outdoor studio if you will, my little slice of heaven (until the hot tubs came into play!)...


Do any of you work outside???  If so feel free to leave a link in the comment section to your outdoor studio spots...

Okay, well before I get productive I am off to enjoy abit of time under a soft warm blanket with a new book and a cappuccino...Hope you have a wonderfully cozy and productive day too...

See you Wednesday for a new giveaway (this one is an original so don't miss out on it) and than Friday for a new work...

XO M & The Buns

12 comments:

Stephanie Amos said...

Oh Mandy! Your little slice of heaven is just...heavenly! My pottery studio is in the breezeway between our house and the garage, so I usually have the doors open for fresh air and of course so I can play with the dogs in between throwing pieces. Thank you sooo much for sharing this post with us. love to you and your buns! =)
xx
samos

Theresa said...

Oh how your outdoor space is so nice! Love your pics thanks for sharing. I will have to show hubby for inspiration. We haven't quite finished our backyard and now that fall is upon us it will be on hold until the spring. Changing seasons so quickly~ I am having a fall link up drop by anytime and link up a fall post! I put linky on the side bar for easy access! Love your blue lady you did~ Theresa

Malinda Prud'homme said...

Mandy your outdoor studio (and home) are absolutely amazing! The pictures you took look like they were taken right out of a fantasy world! I feel like I would be completely at ease there and definitely able to make some wonderful creations! You did an amazing job setting all of this up!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That belongs in a magazine! I am so JEALOUS right now! lol

And those bunnies! Beautiful!

Lori said...

Oh SWOON SWOON SWOON!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. It is so gorgeous I hardly know what to say :) I'm so happy for you that you have such an inspired place to work- it shows in your paintings.

Much love to you!

jacqueline said...

WOW sweet mandy, your outdoor studio is gorgeous and such a wonderful place to work! Very inspiring! I can totally understand how you feel about not being able to work outdoor now that fall is here. Sadly, i dont have an outdoor space but maybe hopefully i might get one in the future. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

thanks for sharing your studio. :) It looks awesome. I wish I had something as cozy as this. :)

Diane said...

I feel like I've just looked through a fairy tale book--complete-- right down to the bunnies. I can understand why you hate packing it up until next year--but then it makes it that much more appreciative. Thank you for sharing it!

Karen M said...

What a beautiful place to work. It seems almost as magical as your drawings.
I sometimes take hand sewing outside in the summer, but most of my work is on the machine, which stays inside.

suzanna leigh said...

This is so inspiring! Something to work toward in my space.

Jonathan said...

Well Bijou...I am glad you love the yard so much. Didn't get to refinishing the decks this season, but there is always the next. Things just keep getting better, and despite recent setbacks with the noise issues, things will work out. LLL

Brenda Pinnick said...

What a wonderful outdoor studio! I try to work outdoors as much as possible and this time of year is perfect for it. Atlanta is too hot in the summer so I'm enjoying the Autumn breezes.

I love your work, it's very happy!