Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, November 22, 2010

Murals In Huntsville

Today it's super gloomy & rainy...yuck...So it seems the perfect day to share some colour, so I thought I'd show you all some photos from late summer that I forgot to post...

We go to a sweet little town called Huntsville every summer, it's about 2 hours from us.... 


The main street is so sweet & perfect to spend a couple hours on any hot sunny summer day...


The signage is old fashioned & gentle...(one of my pet peeves with today's society is our annoyingly loud & brash liking for super big, over done & repeat signage...& don't even get me started on fluorescent lettering!)....Huntsville seems to know how to do signage tastefully...like their pharmacy sign...love it!... 


I love just walking & exploring this place because besides being next to a lake, it has some of the best cottage-style stores, an all year xmas shop, one of the cutest little bookshops on the planet & fantastic little cafes, they also have these amazing murals scattered & hidden throughout the whole town...

...I did a post on Huntsville last summer...these are some new murals ones I found ...


...I wish I could paint like that...aren't they beautiful?  As far as I know they are all by the same artist & I bashfully admit I didnt' bother to collect that name...but there you go...some amazing murals full of movement, life & colour...now we just have to ignore the gloom & wetness outside the studio windows..


Have a great day everyone...see you Wednesday. 

XO M & 4 bunnies who are sick of the rain.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Aw, they are nice. There are so many murals! I have never painted that big- that would really be hard!

jacqueline said...

WOW they are soo beautiful!! Those paintings are beautiful! Love to you!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I love the black and white photo of Main Street! Gorgeous!
Love those beautiful murals too! How fun to walk along and see so much art.
xx, shell

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Ah...Huntsville :-) Our city could learn a few things from them for sure...