Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, February 25, 2011

New Painting

I am working on more birds for my upcoming solo exhibition.  I am pretty happy with this new little guy...


We're going to put a black frame around it which will really make it pop.

There will be 6 in this little series & I think I will end up collaging words onto the tiles.

He'll be available as a print as soon as I get my scanner situation figured out.

Thanks so so much for joining me this week.  I hope you'll hop in next week again, I'll have some new beautiful bunny photographs to share, as well as a new bird painting & a post on hair!

XO Bijou & The Buns XO

p.s. Don't forget about my SALE & Felt Bunny GIVEAWAY...both end on the 28th!

15 comments:

canvas artwork said...

thats good, it hink you should put a black frame around it for defo.

Unknown said...

Your new bird is so beautiful!
I love the colours!
Nellie

Anonymous said...

beautiful once again!
i got a book at the library to learn how to draw, maybe i can draw a Raven someday and share it with you to see.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

I love the tiles on this one...now we just have to get it scanned in...

Deyfenn Slayd said...

I love the tiles on this one...now we just have to get it scanned in...

Mandy Saile said...

Welcome to the newbies, welcome:D....and Cry, I would love to see your raven...go for it and have fun:D

Judit Gueth said...

Beautiful bird, and the colours are just gorgeous!!!
Love,J.

Kerri said...

i love your bird. and those tiles at the bottom of the painting. at least, i think they're tiles. great colors all together...

Mandy Saile said...

Hi ya Kerri, thanks so much for the nice compliment. I am happy with the colours as well...and yep those are indeed a row of tiles...I let the tile colours inspire the colours for the bird. The other 5 pieces in this little series will have a row of tiles too:D

ladaisi said...

I do love your birds.

And I know what you mean about the frame thing. I love how a frame can really make a picture "pop"

Lisa said...

LOVE it, including and especially the tiles. I'm looking forward to your new bunny pics! I know you are a painter first and foremost but you are also a wonderful bunny photographer!

Mandy Saile said...

That is such a compliment, thank you Lisa:D

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Another lovely piece Mandy and I agree the black frame will be perfect!! How exciting about your solo exhibition! Fun! Fun! Fun!
xx, shell

Art by Katalin said...

So pretty! Love your fine details and colours!
I wish you good luck with your solo show!
By the way,my bun is doing great and he's happily hopping in the snow everyday! :)

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Katalin & Shell. This little guy is getting lots of feedback, wow I am loving it, ha ha.

This will be my 3rd solo show. I am trying not to go crazy and stress over it for I have alot of pieces already and really just need to get 8 new larger pieces done in the next 2 months, I think I can manage:D