Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, March 11, 2011

Resignation From Art On Main

So sometimes we have to make some choices and decisions when we realized our energy is short & that our time isn't being wisely spent...

Sometimes we have to stop, take stock of what we're doing and get rid of the things that are pulling our energy and time away from forging a path towards what we really want...

Sometimes we have to be brave and NOT care what other people may think or say about our choices & decisions (this is a hard one for me because I always want to explain & make people understand)...

And sometimes we have to change gears to fully align ourselves with our dreams and goals....

So, in that frame of mind & after having bounced around on a decision for quite some time now, even though I knew some time ago what my decision would be, I have resigned from the Downtown Artists Collective, Art On Main. 

I was an exhibiting/working/contributing member with this group for almost 2 years but based on a variety of things including; future goals, a small business budget, not being the right market for my work, not getting what I was hoping for from the place & all the time I loose due to migraines, I decided it was best to move forward and resign, so February was my last month.

It was bittersweet to pull my work down, repair my wall space & walk away leaving it blank...


But, I am proud of myself to have made a hard decision which I know is for the best.  I am extra proud because I am the kind of person who doesn't let go of things easily.  I was worried that I would feel my resignation was a failure, but I know it wasn't a failure of any kind...it was a great success to have even tried it & something I proudly put on my c.v.

So there will be no more Art On Main posts...some may have noticed & I wanted to explain why.

No worries for any one local wanting to buy my work.  You can always find me online in various places as you know and there are still two full walls at Veg Out (downtown), as well as a selection of my cards at The Framemakers Gallery, plus you can always schedule a a studio appointment.  Also there is my solo exhibition at the WKP Kennedy Gallery this May.

XO A Decisive Bijou & Her Beautiful Bunnies who are glad their mama doesn't have to do gallery shifts & meetings anymore, ha ha.  XO

10 comments:

Maria Calabrese said...

Always trust your instinct, listen to the buns and everything else will fall into place. Hope to see you soon. - Maria

Maria Calabrese said...

Trust your instinct, listen to the buns and everything else will fall into place. Hope to see you soon. Maria

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

We all know in our hearts when something is working or not. To have the courage to change what is not working is a wonderful thing.

I find it funny that I have no local customers. Everyone I sell to, I have never met in person, but I feel like I know them. The power of the computer. :)

xx, shell

Stephanie Amos said...

It's those decisions that make our
creative businesses prosper financially and creatively. =)
...love your new haircut girl!
xxoo
samos

Anonymous said...

you are not a failure like you said
you are a winner
a winner for doing what YOU feel is right!
I support you and If it makes you feel good this is what needs to be done.

Lisa said...

No more gallery shifts means mom can spend more time actually painting and snuggling bunnies! On a serious note, you made the right decision. Only you know what's right for you and you don't need to explain yourself to anyone.

Kerry said...

Hi Mandy
It sounds like you made a tough decision. I'm glad it was the right one. I just had to tell you I love your new hair too....looks great on you!
xo Kerry

Deyfenn Slayd said...

HAZA!!!!!!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much for your support everyone. I've heard more about my leaving the place from you all, my online buddies than people within collective, so I am glad I mentioned it here online, thanks again...my heart feels aptly hugged right now:D XXOO.

Lori said...

I love that you made a decision in your best interest. Wise words in this post. xoxo