Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, May 6, 2011

Food Friday: Meat-Free Sheperd's Pie

I've been planning on sharing some of my favourite food recipes on this blog of mine...
so finally here we go, I'll try posting a new recipe every Friday.
(except next Friday which I am taking off from blogging).

I make a mean Shepherd's Pie....and it doesn't have any meat in it.
Jonathan loves it, my dad always goes back for 2nd's and I think it's scrumptious (& guilt-free)...



Want to try it out, it's super easy to make???
You'll want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
AND
You'll want to put on your potatoes at this time.  I steam the potatoes and usually use 5-6 small ones.
THAN
-In a large pan, put 1 tbsp of olive oil...let that heat up and than...
-Add 1 large onion, finely chopped...let that cook up till the onion is nice and soft.
-Let the liquid and onions cook together for a couple minutes.
-Than add the soy ground meat (we use Yves Hamburger) and let that simmer until the 'meat' is cooked.
-Than add 1 cup of vegetable stock or a cup of water with a spoon of gravy mix.
-Than your going to add vegetables.  As much as you like. 
I usually use corn shredded from 2 corn cobs and usually 2-4 shredded carrots.
-Let the veg cook with the rest of the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring often so nothing burns.
-Your done with the pan, wohoo....
NOW
Take a casserole dish and scoop the mixture into it, spreading it evenly.
-Spread your mashed potatoes over the mixture.
-Grate some cheese on top and sprinkle some fresh pepper and salt
THAN
Put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes and
VOILA...
Enjoy Meat-Free Shepherds Pie.

Happy & Kind Eating To You.
XO Mandy, Jonathan & The Bunnies XO

6 comments:

Deb said...

That recipe sounds wonderful My daughter and myself are vegetarian and love all new recipes to try. Yes, let's eat 'kinder' and more informed. Love your blog. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

ladaisi said...

Oh this looks delicious! I am going to have to try it. Very excited about the no meat factor.

Misty said...

I heart sheperd's pie!!! Whenever I make it, it disappears!! :) And your picture looks so yummy! :D

Anonymous said...

oh so yumee
you should draw a shepard holding the shepards pie and a bird on the dish!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Looks wonderful!
xx, shell

Deyfenn Slayd said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...may I have some more?