Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Outside with Babies

So when most people are waking up, driving to work and spending their days
perhaps in an office type of setting with fellow co-workers...
I have a completely different schedule and routine...
I wake up and feed the 4 hungry mess makers right away and
soon after it's time to hop down into the yards to make sure all is safe for all to come out,
Then there's usually a stampede of little rabbity feet
4 little precious bunnies who are anxious to get out to munch grass, dig, dig, dig & sleep...
I drag my coloured pencils and such outside and spend the days outside with 4 rabbits... 
We know not to take this lovely routine for granted, we grab everyday outside that we can...


Some of you may be asking 'where are Jinny & Jaky'...well it's no secret that they strongly dislike Ella Luna and Roo and vice versa...so to keep everyone happy and nip & stress-free we have the two couples in separate parts of the yard....our yard has the priority of being 'bunny-friendly' zones, ha ha. 

Roo Boo gave us quite the scare last week though, whew!
He suddenly was holding his head severely to the right and
jerking it back spasmodically and refusing to eat his most favourite treats!
He was rushed to the doctors...
We were warned that it could be the beginning symptoms of a neuroglical disease (panic enters here!)...
but the symptoms disappeared 4 hours later as quickly as the started, soooo we're hoping really hard that it was just some kind of random ear/neck cramp...Poor Roo...but he's all good now.

It really kind of jarred me, not just because something was obviously wrong with my big boy
but I think that I've been soooo focused on Ella Luna for the last 2 years of dealing with that nasty nasty abscess and now the aftermath of surgeries leaving her legs weak...that I somehow forgot that things will and can go wrong with my other babes too...
I truly think a big part of me is in constant panic/worry mode!

Anyhoo...today, we'll all good...and we are all outside so we're extra good, ha ha.

Have a wonderful day everyone...even if your stuck indoors!

XO Mandy and her 4 grass munching buns XO

11 comments:

Johwey Redington said...

You're bunnies are sooooo cute and huge! I'm definitely going to show the pics to my daughters - they will be so jealous!!! :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Your yard is truly gorgeous Mandy. Such a peaceful place to work. I love the bunny statues. I have the same one at my side entry door.
Glad Roo is ok!! Oh my gosh I know you were scared!
xx, shell

Annette Tait said...

so glad Roo is better Mandy!!

and such beautiful photos of your garden and happy, happy buns, and love your waterfall!

I live with the same worry/panic mode too - I think all house bun owners do - 'tis the way of the bun ....

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks so much guys...

Jonathan and I made that fountain from scratch, just the 2 of us a few years ago...and it's still going strong:D

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Your yard is so beautiful! I love seeing all your sweet babies. I am so happy to hear everyone is doing well! :)

Kathryn Hansen said...

awww...your photos bring back memories of my childhood rabbit robbie!! they are wonderful pets!!

Sze said...

OMG so Cute!!!!!!!! I love love love bunnies and you have a bunch of them :D I am glad I found your blog on Flying Lesson FB, so I get to enjoy your beautiful artwork and those cuties bunnies~

Lisa said...

I am so jealous of your beautiful bunny yard AND that your yard is your workplace :)

Oh jeez Mandy. I hope you are following up with Jaks wih the vet every day possible. That is so incredibly scary. I'm SO relieved to hear he's OK!

Lavender Rabbit said...

Such beautiful bunnies in a really gorgeous yard. I am officially jealous. So sorry to hear about your scare. Lots be well thoughts to dear Roo!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Cute bunnies Mandy and what a lovely setting for creating. I would look forward to that every day if I could.
Lee:)

Anonymous said...

Talk about a bunny wonderland :-)

Those two must get quite the allowance to be able to landscape their yard like that.... ;-)