Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today

It's the end of what has been a very stressful month...

Long story short:
there was a lump in my boob which lead to doctors visits and was followed by mammograms and tests
and call backs for more crappy mammograms, than ultrasounds and a biopsy
than the torturous waiting for results...
But I am just back from my doctors with happy news
that though I might have to have the lump removed
it's still nothing to worry about because it's not cancerous tissue...

Well I am just ready to start a fresh month...
Where hopefully Ella Lunas leg will be doing abit better...
where I'll dive into some yoga...
where I'll be able to breathe deeply..
and where I'll have long days all cozy like with my honey and bunnies...


...and long days with my work...


(These coloured pencils heads are for some mixed media piece I am working on lately)

Life can be scary can't it...
but boy oh boy these worries & blips along the way can put things into perspective quite rapidly!
And for that, I am feeling very grateful.

So although I do have  a sore head to tend to today (it started up with last nights downpour) 
Today's agenda is a simple one:  
First, a leisurely cup of coffee with a chapter of a book...
Than it's outside we go for an afternoon with bunnies & coloured pencils...
It'll be a great day...
and I am breathing...ahhhh....

Wishing you all a stress-free and lovely lovely day.

XO Mandy XO

p.s. My August newsletter goes out later today...if you would like to receive it just sign up here.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I am sorry you have been through so much trauma, but glad to hear that it's not serious. I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't need any surgery, and that Ella's leg improves.

(as a total aside, has anyone ever suggested cutting back on the caffeine to prevent migraines? Chocolate too, I think. That's just something I've heard...)

Mandy Saile said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks sweetie pie....and no the coffee has no affect on my head. I did an extensive detox/allergy assement a couple years ago and there were no food triggers whatsoever...except my body does seem to fuss when I don't hydrate properly. Most of my head pain comes from a shortening shoulder muscle and the barometric pressure unfortunately.

Steph said...

Oh goodness I'm so sorry you went through all of that. And I'm very happy to hear that all is well.

Enjoy your well-deserved rest and relaxation.

Sending you headache-free vibes...

Stephanie :)

Karen M said...

So glad to hear that the lump was benign. As for the caffiene, isn't it one of those things that triggers for some people, but actually helps ease the migraines of others? So much we have yet to learn about the human body....

Mandy Saile said...

Hi Karen, your right indeed...for some it is a very common trigger. For me, no food is a trigger, thankfully because I have enough other triggers! I am not a huge coffee drinker anyways but once in awhile a cup is just what the doctor would order:D

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Dear Mandy, sorry to hear you had that scare. I had a similar one myself last month but luckily it was benign and was aspirated (after a bit of discomfort and worry). It certainly put things in perspective for me too.
Lovely coloured pencil faces. Can't wait to see where they will end up.
Lee:)

Misty said...

I have to say that I'm sorry you had to go through such a scare but thankful its not cancerous... whew!
You help me put lots of things in perspective!

Anonymous said...

Foo foo, you've done a fabulous job dealing with all the stuff on our plate. We've been waiting some time for that good news, but deep down, I knew it was coming.

I love that pic of Jinny....the vigilant watcher of the kingdom.

Those coloured pencil heads are really neat also...