Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, March 16, 2012

Ode To A Gentle Giant

Honestly, I wasn't going to post today because I don't have any new artwork to share
and  well I am usually very fussy with equally mixing rabbit posts with art posts
BUT this blog o' mine is a truthful space
and well  you all know by now that lately bunnies are more present in my days than art-making...
but I have a plan...
a tentative plan, which will allow me to get back to more work!

In the meantime, do let me share some more bunny goodness because indeed
Life feels good
when you have a Gentle Giant Gentle-bun to gaze upon & snuggle the day away with.

I can't believe this is the almost starved little thing I found in the forest a few years ago.
When I found him and he saw me, he laid down...when I pet his head, he stretched out.
When I picked him up...he closed his eyes and fell asleep in my arms the whole walk back home.
And he slept slept and slept some more for almost 2 solid weeks after he was home...
He was just so exhausted trying to live in the wild by himself...


Is my big boy just not one of thee handsomest buns ever
...AHHH, I can barely stand it, ha ha.

He's such a good boy...sometimes more like a puppy than a rabbit.
He runs to you when you call his name...
And when he runs you can really hear it cause he's so big &
well it's one of thee best sounds in the world to me, I just adore it.
He gets the most precious look on his face when he's shy or embarrassed.
He sulks like no one else when he gets in trouble after doing something bad...
Or, when you don't spend enough time with him.
When he's really happy he throws himself over with all 4 legs up in the air &
his pure white belly exposed to the sky and because
he's so big & his back so wide, he usually sticks it and will fall asleep upside down, ha ha.
He loves sleeping and falls asleep at the drop of a hat...
AND
He snores loudly, like a human (truthfully!)...
Sometimes we wake the poor guy up from his snoozes because his snoring is just so loud
and so funny that we can't help but burst out laughing.

He's a happy, calming, soothing & solid soul and I am so grateful to have him around us.
We are especially glad for his gentle and patient ways when it comes to our spazzy
& bossy Ella Luna, we couldn't have asked for a better partner for her.

XO Mandy & Her Snuggle Bud Roo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a hansome boy!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh Roo, you are such a sweet and handsome boy! You make my heart melt when I look at you!

Lavender Rabbit said...

Indeed, what a handsome boy, inside and out :) Love bunny snoring!

Lisa said...

This post made me :) He is so handsome and you just ooze love for your bunnies, Mandy. I would like a big snugglebun someday.

Snap said...

A very special and lucky handsome boy!

Natascha said...

I love the story of how you found him and it warms my heart and puts a smile on my face. The thought that he was scared and alone and now a big, happy content boy who loves to show you how grateful he his that you came along. What a lovely happy ending to his story. Thanks for your great comments on Murphy too. :)