Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, September 10, 2012

Picalo Giulam

It was a weekend which started off with a neurologists appointment for my migraines...
Followed up with a day of cave spelunking and zip-lining with two of my best friends...
followed by a rainy day stroll through our local farmers market for honey & veggies...
finishing off with a Sunday filled with homemade soup, reading, stitching and romping bunnies.

Now, it's Monday...ahhhh I love Mondays.
I am sitting here soaking up a beautiful sunny morning,
feeling so very very glad to be in my studio amidst whimsy and colour.

And I finally finished this super dashing cutie...
his name???

Picalo Guilam


He told me that he's never without a striped vest nor some kind of beautiful feather in his hat...
my oh my what a dapper little gentle-bun, don't ya think?

This handsome little fella is done in coloured pencil and mixed in with an acrylic background
and sits on top of a bright orange ribbon strip, all on canvas.
The original is available.

Today I am working on a fish and a possum in this same series...Such fun!

Join me on Wednesday for some cool photos from a great concert we recently saw.

I've had not head pain for 6 days straight now...
ahhh, It's going to be a wonderful day, don't ya think?

5 comments:

Snap said...

Oh, Mandy! Mr.Picalo Guilam is wonderful! He makes me smile. Happy Monday!!!

Andrew Piller said...

Is it image or any antique work? On the screen it shows that it is painting.

But no problem what type of it? It is a great work.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Snap, he makes me smile too and was alot of fun to create.

Andrew, this is a coloured pencil and acylic work on canvas. It is a painting which I've scanned in to show on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Is it me, or does he look like a Chinchilla? ;-)

Unknown said...

Thats too cute Mandy!