Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Today

Well, I went 10 whole days with no headaches & no migraines...it felt so amazing.
Then the last two days I've had to slow it right down again for a bad migraine has set in again.
I am always so disappointed when a new bout of pain starts
because I know just how far behind it'll make me & how much it'll slow me down
& I never know how long it'll last, sometimes it's 2 weeks straight, sigh!

But there is a key to living well and happily as a chronic migraine sufferer.
What in the world could it be are you wondering???

Well it's  Gratitude for everything good,
a heart ready to bask in the days small lovelies
& a keen eye to spot simple beauty.

So that's what I am doing today, appreciating and enjoying the day
despite the pounding and persistent pain hounding the right side & entire back of my head.

So, I am enjoying some quiet time curled up with a favorite soft blanket and my favorite magazines.
  
 
I am listening to my energetic Jaks rip apart his box like a little mad man, ha ha.
 
 
I am sitting down at my beloved new desk in my upstairs studio
(that I share with Jaks and Jin)
to colour whenever the pounding feels not quite so sharp...
sometimes I can work for 5 minutes, sometimes for 10, sometimes for 30 minutes at a time.
 
 
I am stretching out on the floor and keeping a napping Jinny company.
She doesn't mind, as long as I don't pet her too much, ha ha.
 
 
I am enjoying warm cups of sweet almond milk...topped with cinnamon, yum.
 

And lots of other loveliness is still to come for as I write this post, it's only noon.

So see...
despite a raging storm in my head that would have most people buckle and scream!
I am up and about & making the most of this day.
(with just a short lay-down with heat every couple of hours to soothe my body)

I am realizing more and more that it's all about attitude...it really is.

I am enjoying my day despite the negative...
and it's indeed feeling
very sweet & beautifully cozy.
Ahhh.

Drop in with a comment & tell me how YOUR day is going?
Are you facing a negative?? & how are you choosing to deal with it???


3 comments:

Marianne said...

sorry to hear you are not feeling well. migraines are no fun at all.
But the soft sweet bunny and almond milk.... now those are two lovely thoughts.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Stephanie Amos said...

Sweet friend! You are such an inspiration! I know how it feels to live with pain. Attitude is definitely a way to make life more pleasant. ;) xo Wishing you well my dear friend!

Yarni Gras! said...

get well soon.......