Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Gift From Lori Portka

I had to show you this beautiful painting I received in surprise a few weeks back.
Lovingly made by the sweet and lovely Lori Portka.
 
Lori was one of the very first people I met in the blogosphere a few years back
and we connected instantly because of our colour loving, sensitive and animal loving souls.
 
Lori did this super awesome & huge project called "A Hundred Thank-You's"
(you can read all about it right here on her blog).
She wrote down 100 people that she felt grateful & thankful towards and
then she set out to make every single one of those people an original painting!
 
 
I was so shocked and honored when Lori told me I was one of the people she made a painting for.
This was the sweet note that accompanied the painting in the exhibition &
that was sweetly tucked into the back of the painting.
 
 
Awwwww.
It really made me teary with gratitude towards this inspiring fellow artist I am lucky to call a friend.
 
I am so in love with it.  It hangs in a spot in my dining room where I get to see it every day.
It truly fills my heart with joy (Art is amazing that way, isn't it!)
and is such a beautiful reminder of the sweet & kind people out there.
 
 
Thanks my dear sweet friend....
your so awesome and your painting will be forever cherished.
 
 
XXOO the bunnies & I.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ahhh this made me cry!!! Tears! Thank you sweet Mandy. Thank you. You are so cute in that photo. Wishing you the most wonderful weekend.

Judit Gueth said...

Gorgeous card!

Karen M said...

Lucky you. I followed that project, and was totally amazed by it. She';s a great friend to have.

Unknown said...

Just a nice gift!