Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, February 12, 2016

Sometimes You Just Gotta

Schedules are I think, more often than not, a necessity for full-time artists...
especially those of us who have our studios in our homes
where we face a thousand distractions throughout the day!
Strict routines are key to getting everything done, or at least a fair amount done.
 
As much as I may want to, I have a really hard time keeping up with routines and schedules.
I am in fact envious of those who can invent their own schedules and keep to them,
for my headaches and migraines are typically the scheduler of my days.
But if I am having a good pain-free streak
I do often find myself snapping into a routine very easily & quickly
and I get SOOOO much done...but for me, that can sometimes be depressing too,
depressing because I realize how much further ahead I'd be if I could stick to a schedule!

But head pain aside...
even on the best of days where your feeling like a million bucks and like you could tackle anything,
Sometimes you gotta throw the studio schedules to the wind
and just let the day take you where it wants to go...
 
 
Maybe it's time to transfer some lovely local honey from your big honey pot to your smaller one...
 
 
Than maybe the day will find you sitting on the floor
to let your little furry buddies climb all over you as laughter bubbles up from your tummy...
 
 
Than perhaps because you skipped breakfast your tummy starts to growl on top of the bubbling,
so you take just 30 or 40 minutes to take in a healthy snack...
 
 
Than maybe for creative clarity, you find yourself cleaning up your workspaces...
 
 
...and letting your buddies help you out with some organizational ideas...
 
 
Than just maybe the day encourages you to snuggle that every so helpful bun for a short spell...
 
 
Than opps well my oh my look at that it's way past lunch time
and your starving so it's time for a late lunch with a book before heading into the studio
at least for an hour or two before the sun starts to go down!
And before you know it, the blue hour arrives...
it's time to start dinner...it's time to settle into the evening.
You reminiscence on the day you just had
and you do a mental check on what you've accomplished
and you realize with a happy heart that it's okay that you diverted from your plan...
it's more than okay because you enjoyed the day, you went with the flow.

Because as much as you want to have studio days full of accomplishments
you did accomplish something by filling your well.
And you filled your creative well by making your day as sweet and as good as possible
by dipping your ever so winter-dry toes into the lovely wet softening flow
of just letting things just be exactly how they wanted to be every moment of the day...
and how often do we do that!  Not often enough if you pay attention to how stressed everyone is...

So I am a firm believer, oh yes I am, I believe that sometimes you just gotta let go
and enjoy a day that meanders along slowly around unknown corners...
you just have to enjoy a day that slowly milks the sweetness out of every hour
as you embrace the beauty and simplicity of letting each task lead gently unto the next.

Ahhhhhh.....yes...sometimes you just gotta.

1 comment:

Natascha said...

Sounds like a perfect day!