Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, April 15, 2016

Exactly Where I Should Be

One of my absolute favorite times of the day is my night time snuggle with my girl Teela.
It's the same almost every single night,
around 9 or 10 pm she'll go running and pop-corning down the hallway towards the bedroom,
she'll stop at the door to wait and see if I am following,
If I am not, she comes back for me and waits by my legs until I realize what time it is.
She seems to know that Jaks gets his PM meds at 9pm sharp
and that after we take care of him, it's her time.
She jumps up onto the two benches, made specially for her, that lead up onto the bed,
she'll plop down on her favorite fuzzy blanket and gets all comfy for our delicious snuggies.
She'll give me kisses and than she falls asleep, twitching & snoring away.
She wakes up often but falls asleep several times in a row in the cozy golden glow of our star lights.
This is our time, girls only, no boys allowed, seriously, ha ha
she gets really annoyed if Yuuji or Jonathan tries to join us!
 
 
When we got her, we were going through a hard time with our big handsome boy Roo,
he had gone crippled quite rapidly due to a neurological thing
and this was just 8 months after we lost our heart Ella Luna (his soul mate).
which was also just shortly after I had took almost a year off of work to help Ella
because she too had completely lost the use of her back legs!
It was an exhausting, difficult time when we decided to adopt Teela
but she was our light and our sunshine through it all.
 

 
We would take turns sleeping with her, for almost two months straight.
One of us would sleep in her room
(she was newly adopted and we wanted her to feel safe and loved)
and the other would stay up with Roo Boo and help him as best as we could.
It was adorable, like clockwork even back then,
she would finish her dinner,
(we've come to realize that if we feed the bunnies their big veggie plates later in the night
we get better sleep because their little nocturnal butts are quieter if their bellies are full).
We'd lift the blankets and she would jump up onto our makeshift bed,
she'd crawl under the covers and play with the blankets for about 20 minutes, than she'd fall asleep,
stretched out and pressed against our legs, all night long, she'd stay there for a good 5 to 6 hours.
 
 
In the mornings around 6am, she'd start to wake, she'd emerge from the blankets
all sweet, ruffled up fur, all sweaty and warm, ha ha.
She'd than stretch, preen and than layout again along the top of our pillows
for maybe another 20 or 30 minutes
before jumping down from the bed and starting another day in her new home.
We would than crawl into the real bed for an hour or two more of sleep!
We needed to be near her sunshiny attitude & soul as much as she clearly needed us near by.
It was a sweet time of adjusting to our newest shelter adoptee, 
amidst the sad and hard but still precious days of caring for our dying handicapped Roo.
 
The snuggle routine may have changed from a couple years ago to now
but my nightly sweet snuggle time with my girlie fills me and embraces me.
It give me such a warm happy heart, as much now and back than when we first got her.
I feel so embraced when I am with this rabbit...like life couldn't get any better.
Like I am exactly & precisely where I am supposed to be.

No comments: