Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Flowers, Monsters, Dark Caves & Positivity

So I do try my best to always have a positive attitude, life is just harder with a bad one
BUT
now and than the chronic/acute head pain that I live with on pretty much a daily basis
just gets to be too much for me and I end up feeling sorry for myself,
never for long, but it does happen!
It's common for me to have a bad headache for two weeks straight with no break and that often turns
into a bad migraine for 3 or 4 days.
It really often feels like a tussle with a monster...
a tenacious, long-nailed, mean, nasty monster
that drags me into it's pain-filled dark cave of migraines!


But ya know, it often too take the tiniest things to spark the positive attitude to return.
The other week, it was these flowers from my honey & niece.
In the rare few seconds
when I could actually open my eyes, lift my head or look around,
these flowers greeted me every time and would make my heart smile
and with that smiling heart, I started to focus on what I would do once I could get back up
and that was get right back into my studio and make new colored pencil butterflies.
Butterflies that I could pose and photograph on these gorgeous bouquets.
Now unfortunately, it took four days and by the time I finished new butterflies most
of the bouquets were done BUT it was the hope that they flowers sparked that was most important.
So thank you guys...for the beauty and the reminder to get myself back to my joyful heart XO

1 comment:

Natascha said...

Wish you could find a solution for the migraines!