Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, July 6, 2017

A Note On Pain

The problem with suffering from migraines and headaches is that they are completely silent,
They are invisible, they wreck havoc in a place that absolutely no one outside of 'the circle' can see.
There is no cure, only pain management and for some of us, nothing helps, 
especially when your like me & suffer from several kinds of migraines/headaches.
Over the years I've developed a pretty high working/functioning pain threshold,
but it all depends on where the pain hits, if it's throbbing all across the back of my head
but an 8 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) I can often function and get things done
(alongside nausea, willpower and knowing I'll pay later but I can often forge through).
BUT if the pain hits in my right eye for example and only on a scale of say 2,
I'll probably have to lay down in dark with heat and cold all day until it passes.


I do my best with this life full of chronic and acute pain
and in a round about way (which I explain in more depth on my website's About page)
I feel like I lead an even more beautiful life because of the pain...
I must seek the silver lining as much as possible
because it makes all the pain that I can't escape just a bit easier.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't suffer from chronic pain,
if you don't have things holding you back physically
than grab life by the balls and be super duper grateful
because thousands of head-pain sufferers like me, no matter how tenacious,
no matter how big and proud and strong our hearts and spirits, we often just can't.

2 comments:

Aline said...

😘 xoxoxoxo....

Simone said...

I am sorry that you have to suffer so much. A few times a year I get a migraine that lasts about 4 days. When it is over I take several days to feel 'normal' again. I feel like I am in a fog and as you say, because there are no outward signs people don't know what is wrong with you. I am glad that you get solace in creating your beautiful images and taking care of your rabbits. Maybe your headaches are a by product of caring too deeply. x