Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Amazing-ness

So last year we splurged and we bought this huge incredible painting from local artist David Carlin...
whom some of you may also know was my high-school art teacher turned mentor turned dear friend.


Every time I pass it I feel humbled to have it in my home and I see something new & beautiful.
We had wanted one of Dave's large-scale originals for awhile
(we have quite a collection of his lino cuts prints going already) 
But we were waiting until one of them spoke loud & clear to BOTH of us...and this was the one.


If I have even an iota of his talent & artistic drive & spirit in me when I am in my 70's I'll be lucky!
& now if the house catches on fire I'll gather the bunnies, my honey, my hard-drives & this painting! 

No comments: