Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday's Stamp,Some Favourites & a Sickie

Hi All. I think that I have to admit that I am getting sick. Serves me right for running around feeling all superior and proud that I was one of the only ones who didn't get sick, ha ha. Extra vitamin C here I come. I am not sure how much work I'll get done today as my stomach seems to be turning around and around like the wash cycle...actually yes that's exactly what it feels like. Not to mention every time I sneeze I get the chills and I also admit to be just a bit of a suck when I get cold. That's hard for a Northern baby to admit too, ha ha.

Anyhow I wanted to share a few things with you today. First being my favourite Easter Cards of this season. The smaller one is from my lovely friend Maria, it is by an unknown artist from the 19th century, it's just such a soft image and was a delight to recieve. The brighter one is from Germany, I just love getting cards from my family there because they are always in this blocky, bold coloured style, always with lots of gold edging...I can't understand a word on them, ha ha but I love them none the less.

The little gold rabbit charms are from Etsy, just in case you were wondering.

Whiles I was surfing my favourite blogs yesterday I came across this rabbit wall decal ...which instantly struck a cord in my heart, I love it when that happens, don't you? I could immediately envision the most wonderful place to put this decal in our house, where it would add the most wonderful bit of whimsy.

This can be found at http://www.stickmeon.com.au/. I just find it wonderfully inspiring.

Let me not forget to show you my mini stamp for this Friday...

I am not super happy with it, but it is what it is. I think it may make a nice addition stamped on to a floral pastel perhaps as an edging, we shall see.

I also want to mention this blog I came across which I really enjoyed yesterday http://www.creativethursday.com/blog/. If you scroll down alittle bit you'll find an article called 'My Creative Thursday over at Design For Mankind'. If your like me and really enjoy getting glimpses into different artists work process and daily creative lives, give this a read. I just love the way Marisa writes with such openness and humor, having your furry babies be a major part of your creative routine is defiantly something I can understand and appreciate. This was just a blog that warmed my heart and also inspired it because she seems to be doing quite well on Etsy, etc...good for you Marisa.

Well I think I've taken up enough of your time today. The weekend is here, I was suppose to have my 5 year old niece come for a sleep over but I think I may postpone it to next weekend as I can rapidly feel myself going down hill. Don't worry though, I'll be here Monday ready to post and with new creations to show you.

No comments: