Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wednesday Woes & A Stamp

Good Afternoon everyone. I've had a rough couple of days....dealing with contracts and payment problems etc etc...having to dig that extra mile to find my creative side, yikes! Once in awhile I go through this and I am always way to hard on myself. But it was nice in a way, even though I went to bed yesterday out of sorts and just feeling all jumbled, I woke up this morning much more clear headed and with renewed strength and determination. If any of you out there want to share on how you get over your mental hurdles please feel free. I think it's an innate part of my personality that just will never give up or lose hope. But also, I owe thanks to my best friend Judit and my sweet unwavering Jonathan...who patiently listened to me over the last 2 days and gave me great counsel.

So onto the creative bits...I have given myself the project of making atleast 3 lino-cut stamps a week. Just teeny weeny itty bitty ones, I think they are less than 2"x2". They are challenging to cut because they are so small, but it's a great way to relax for me because I have to concentrate so much on the cutting and on not cutting myself that I don't have time to think of anything else and my brain gets abit of rest, ha ha.

So here is my Wednesday stamp...
I have just been so inspired by stampers work, collage' and various mixed media often using stamps that I fell in love with the ideal of eventually doing similar things, but with my very own stamps. This one is hand-burnished on a lovely blue handmade paper from Thailand. So, think of it, if I am doing 3 stamps a week that will be 156 stamps in a year...I'll have to start my own stamping business, ha ha...one never knows, I guess that is part of the beauty of our creative businesses. Have a great day everyone and Be Creative.

1 comment:

Judit Gueth said...

Hi Mandy,

I'm glad you're feeling better, and up to creating beautiful things! :-)
Love,
J.