Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some Paintings

Hi Everyone, on this rather gloomy and chilly day. Thank goodness for the warmth and lovely flow of our studios/creative spaces. Today I have two of my littlest fans coming to the studio, Noah and Ben, respectively 4 and 2 I believe. Their mom sits them on her lap and shows them the pictures on my website and apparently they just love the colours and guessing the animals etc.

Yesterday morning I had a wonderful rush of ideals come to me, so I spent sometime getting them down, I think 11 in total...to add to the large pile I can never seem to catch up with.

I thought today I would post some photos of my latest paintings.

This is "Keep Your Eye On Your Goals" from a smaller coloured pencil done years before. It is a mixed media so I still have to find the proper way to seal it. Below is a detail...

Here is "Sundance" in progress, it is by far one of my favourites...keep in mind I am quite new to painting with acrylics. It has sold and I am so happy for it because it's going to the home of a fellow rabbit lover who will defiantly appreciate the message of the painting. If you look closely at the photo you'll see my sweetie-pie Thodan running underneath he easel. He was such fun and just thought that having a 'painter/artist as a mom was the coolest thing' ha ha. And, here is the painting that I am working on right now, it has progressed alot more than shown here. Now it is almost finished, a couple more solid days on it and I'll be able to show you the final product.

Be Well, and remember the artistic impulses/juices are in us at all times....sometimes it just takes abit of digging. Happy creations to my fellow artists.

No comments: