Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two Watercolours

Today let me show you something quickly, since yesterdays post was abit long. Two of my favourite magazines and biggest inspirations are "Somerset Studio" and "Cloth, Paper, Scissors", there's just so many different and unique techniques. I love the ideal of collaging and scrapbook techniques being used in artwork..such as rubber stamps. I thought I would play with two watercolours I have and try to 'alter' them beyond what I normally do.


The first is a watercolour from some of our deck flowers. The 2nd is another watercolour from a photo I took long ago of the underside of an Oleander leaf.

I am giving myself the project of altering these two images into collages, using some words and possibly stamps....and I'll post and show you what I've come up with in my first attempts at collaging.

I am interested if any of you are doing a similar thing...show me what your doing. Thanks everyone and have a wonderful day despite the gloomy skies.


1 comment:

Judit Gueth said...

I love the colours of the first painting!