Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, March 17, 2008

Marvelous Monday

Hello there on this marvelous Monday. I am getting a late start today, as our duvet (synthetic of course) kept me hostage, I was treated very well during my capture however, ha ha. I am not a morning person and it is, I admit, always a struggle for me to get up and get right to work. I usually have a tea and read whiles I hang out with the bunnies and I also try to get onto the treadmill before I start my work. But I realized yet again today, how lucky I am to be able to concentrate on my work full-time. I have the chance to be creative all day long and not many people get to do that. Usually this 'epiphany' stirs me to quicker action.

Today my attention must go to the book illustrations I am still working on after 3 months, but my client is very laid back and for my first book, I think that is a good thing.

I think as artists, it's important to find something that pulls you to your studio or daily work routine, just that little something that gives you a spark or that extra little jump out of bed in the mornings, because let's be honest, sometimes the work itself isn't always enough. For me it's the jazz station. I used to be obsessed with the Toronto 91.1 jazz station, and it is still my favourite, but for some reason it doesn't stream very well to our city in the North any longer. But I've discovered the free radio stations through itunes and KPLU World Class Jazz....I can't wait to turn that on every morning. It weaves it's way through my day and just pulls everything together in a cozy, calm and enchanted way.

This weekend, I had the very strong urge to go buy some new plants. Now my studio worktable is filled with lilies, hyacinths, and hydrangeas. It's a simple but joyful pleasure to look at them and know that a new bud will soon bloom here and a new root is poking up from the soil there. This morning not only did I look forward to turning my jazz station on, but I had my new flowers I looked forward to as well. An artists creative space is so important, make it your own and fill it with wonderful energies and your favourite things.

Anyhow, I don't have any artwork to share with you this morning but let me share with you one of my favourite photos. I just love taking photos of our house when the sun is shining in just that perfect way. My strawberry tea, two apples and bowl of chocalate/vanilla cereal await me...then 5 final illustrations. Have a wonderful day and week everyone, Be Well.

No comments: