Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Beautiful Gift and a Beautiful Passage

As I mentioned yesterday I have some new presents to share with you. One of the wonderful and beautiful gifts that Jonathan had sent to me was this amazing and lovely ceramic bowl from one of my favorite Etsy artists, Poodle Breath. It's joined the ranks of one of my most favorite things...I know I know, the list is long, ha ha! I have one of her beautiful porcelain rabbits necklaces and I just adore it.
I came across this beautiful excerpt the other day in my blog surfing and it just hit me square in the heart, I just love knowing that there are indeed other 'searchers' out there... "I am one of the searchers. There are, I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we really content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power, its unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests and mountains, deserts and hidden rivers, and the lonely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as is our laughter. To share our sadness with one we love is perhaps as great a joy as we can know - unless it be to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious only for life itself, for everything beautiful it can provide. Most of all we love and want to be loved. We want to live in a relationship that will not impede our wandering, nor prevent our search, nor lock us in prison walls; that will take us for what little we have to give. We do not want to prove ourselves to another or compete for love. For wanderers, dreamers, and lovers, for lonely men and women who dare to ask of life everything good and beautiful. It is for those who are too gentle to live among wolves." ~James Kavanaugh
The feeling of living amongst 'wolves' is a sentiment I do often feel...the feeling of never quite belonging or fitting in follows me closely. But I have found that beautiful soul to love me for the so little I have to give, the soul who lets me be me...who loves me more for being unique and sensitive, the one who allows me to search...he keeps the world and wolves at bay and for everything that he is...such a bountiful array of goodness and wonderfulness...I am forever forever grateful and humbled and I am just so lucky and in love. Thank You my Heart. And with all of that shared, ha ha...I must touch on a question which a friend asked me as to whether my blog was too personal. Now I must confirm that I do always think twice and read 4 or 5 times what I post (this posting has changed 3 or 4 times already!). It's difficult to know what to write and what to omit sometimes, being that I want my authentic self to shine through to you all. But when I really think about it, I can come to the easy conclusion that 'no, it's not to personal'...in this cold and evil world of ours, to be open and personal helps me reach out to others who are the same. And it helps one searcher remember that the world also has it's warmth and wonderfulness too, I see that daily in all the lovely, warm and open blogs I read. I must thank all of my fellow bloggers for your openness, inspiration and glimpses into your enchanting worlds. That is why I love the blogging world so much, it gives me a direct connection to people with similar interests, paths, goals and dreams and having that connection is a powerful and uplifting thing. The blogs that I love most, are indeed the very personal ones, the ones where the artist is truthful about their journey through life and as artists they are all indeed sensitives and searchers and I love that. I know that the art directors and clients will not come to my blog, they will go to my website, they don't have time nor interest in my personal or artistic journey...this blog is for fellow searchers, and the art lover who wants to know the story behind the picture...so I refuse to fully censor my true journey, and experiences here...I want to join the ranks of all those wonderful, authentic and charming blogs out there that actually inspire and contribute to others lives by offering a hand, and insight and the knowledge that we really aren't alone in our search. And for fear that I am making no sense at all, ha ha...I'll stop here. I'll wish you a wonderful day, an easy creative journey (does that exist?) and the hopes that you will indeed question yourself and things throughout this day...Grow..keep growing, that's the whole point, in my little opinion anyhow. Be Well, and see you all here tomorrow. Thanks for 'tuning' in. As for myself, I am off to a carousel meeting...

No comments: