Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Little Bit Lost & An Amazing Pillow

Honestly I've had abit of a slow week, I think it stemmed from just being so stressed out and exhausted from the drama and scare with our Roo. In browsing my usual favorite blogs today, I am glad to see that I am not alone in feeling abit lost, there seems to be quite a few other artists/bloggers who are feeling a lose of direction and spunk. But September is the best month for new resolutions and change and though I am feeling abit lost at the moment, I am also feeling exciting. And today I've rediscovered my beloved Toronto jazz station and that just instantly started to settle things for me so I look forward to a better and more productive day tomorrow. It's just easy sometimes to get lost in priorities and dreams, which are more important and at which time...we can't always get what we want, and just have to go with the flow keeping the grand scheme of things in mind when that flow seems to be pointing us in a direction away from our original plans. ahhh...Jazz....for me, the key is jazz..so over the next few days I will lean in on my jazz music and trust that it'll help me find my way once more...I know I will, maybe it's just because I am tired, or the creative flow is tired, or all the self-imposed pressures are feeling tired! I do however, always like to remind myself, that I am strong and bounce back quickly. But on to cheerier things, another of the amazing presents my honey surprised me with last week was this gourgues pillow...and let me tell you...receiving a pillow in the mail is great fun because the package was so big but also really light and I had no ideal what was inside.
It is handmade by Brooke Biette from Portland, using Japanese fabrics and I just love it so much. It is made so beautifully and I love the imagery of the rabbits with water, it's a very uncommon pairing which to me makes the pillow very unique. And yes, to anyone who is wondering...Rabbits can indeed swim. quite beautifully actually, though the majority don't enjoy it. Hmmm...I think there's another children's story to conjure up. I have been sketching alot, but it's my usual habit to keep my sketch's and linear process a secret and I think at this point, I am still most comfortable in continuing to do it this way. But I am exciting about the new images to come. And, I can feel some portraits coming also. I sketched alot whiles Roo was ill and I love how the pictures reflect how I was feeling during those days...one day when he was really sick came a sketch of a powerful bird being sucked into a whirlpool, the viewer makes up the birds fate...an another day when Roo was looking better, I drew this lovely art nouveau style of picture with flowing lines and flowers all around a rabbit. Later that same day when Roo was looking bad again produced a sketch of a very sad girl, art nouveau flowers surround her on heavy, draping curtains. Anyhow, you'll eventually see these burst forth in colour. I've been spending some time on work for a new client and also on some intricate designs for the carousel horse saddle. I will be working at the Calander Gallery on the horse with Arlie over the next month. It's been awhile since I've worked in a group with other artists so I look forward to this venture, even though it's making me feel abit short on time. Okay, till the next post....Happy Creating...and extra thoughts to all those out in the world who were affected by that awful day years back...Today, feel extra extra grateful for your health and your loved ones. Peace.

2 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

That pillow is absolutely gorgeous! :-)

And yes, lately I've been feeling a little lost too.... Hopefully we'll find our way soon.
Love,
J.

brooke @ littlelegwarmers.etsy said...

I am so glad you enjoy the pillow. It was a lot of fun to put the fabrics together!

Your hubby sent me the link to your blog! I'll definitely check in from time to time :)

Take care,
Brooke
www.littlelegwarmers.etsy.com