Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our Home...An Aerial Tour...

As promised here is the aerial tour of our little city of North Bay...

We had never ever been in a helicopter before but had always wanted to experience it...

So we jumped in a heli that was spanking brand new, with only 15 hours of flight time on it and that at first didn't want to start, ha ha, this did not help towards Jonathan's fear of flying one bit!....

But oh it was worth the leap of faith that all would be fine....the views of our little home town were breathtaking...Here is Lake Nipissing towards the North...
Farthur North even still...
And there in the distance towards the North East you see our other lovely body of water...Trout Lake...
It was hard to get decent photos of us because we were squished in the seats, ha ha...and because we didn't want to spend too much time behind the lens...but here's me...in bliss....
And here's Lake Nipissing again but abit more towards the West...
And here's my handsome guy, Jonathan...he loved it every bit as much as I did, we were like school kids afterwards, ha ha jumping up and down and wanting to do it all over again...I was so proud of Jon because he does have a pretty healthy fear of flying.
This is towards the West, we're pretty lucky to be surrounded by alot of fresh water lakes...the islands you see in the distance are ones that Jonathan bikes to when the lake is frozen solid in the winter, it's a trek I've yet to brave since I myself have a big fear of going through ice, so though we walk and ski on this lake alot in the winter, I stay within half a mile of the shore where I know its not likely to crack!
Here is a shot of our summer festival grounds and our train yards which has the 'bypass' crossing over...which Jonathan passes everyday to go to work, I love passing over early in the mornings because the sunrise and view of the lake is always cheering...
And this is our neighbourhood...if you zoomed in to that little court in the middle...that's our court and if you see the house surrounded by tons of trees with a little red car in the driveway, that's our little cozy abode:D...we we're all excited to see it from this vantage point and loved the fact that we own so many beautiful trees:D
And that my friends is the tour...we took tons more pictures but I think you get the point...I hope your enjoyed your aerial tour and thanks for popping by and sharing it with me.
Next post will have some new artwork finally! but I am working at the Gallery alot this week and than there is the taking down my exhibition so I may not post until Monday...until than be well and have lovely days.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Wow! Now I want to use google maps and zoom in to see more photos! Why am I so interested in your little town? It just looks so cute and cozy and it is so far North and the water and the trees... Thanks for sharing.

Christina said...

I did enjoy very much. What a beautiful place you live. I am with your husband, I am afraid to fly and dont know if I could do the helicopter ride myself. Kudos to him!

Jonathan said...

Thanks Christina...I was definately nervous (I watch too much news and movies I think), but in the end...just had to do it, and we had a BLAST. We're going back next year for sure.