Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Beautiful Bird...

I survived the long stretch of daily headaches which finally abated into a nice stretch with no head pain, WAHOO:D! and the weekend sale 'City Walk' was alot of fun and a great success (I'll post a couple photos soon). I have to admit that I am glad that the busy week is over with and I am looking forward to just spending abit of time with friends, the buns and Jon and just getting back to my own self-imposed projects, such as more birds. Speaking of Birds, here is another of my 'Beautiful Birds'. It seems birds are a popular thing to illustrate/paint around blogland lately, ha ha...but I swear I didn't realize this until after I started my series! I just wanted to divert abit from rabbits..though I do have inklings of a similar series with rabbits roaming around my head. This one was actually the first "Beautiful Bird"that I did...I am really happy with how the painted backgrounds are complimenting the coloured pencil birds. I've used this technique before and it's defiantly one that is growing on me. What do yous think? I hope you can join me on Wednesday for some of my favourite photos from a summer trip to Toronto (I told you I was behind!). I have alot that I want to share so I'll show them in 4 part over 4 weeks..well that's the plan at the moment!

I hope your homes are all glittery and cozy with holiday cheer...ours is full of happy bunnies and really that's all we want for Christmas.

4 comments:

Art by Katalin said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! :)
Love your bird illustrations and the title is really fitting..they are all beautiful! Like how you paint the backgrounds, it gives a nice contrast to your detailed pencil drawings.
Oh I'm excited to see your next one!!

Dogwood said...

I like the bird. Very nice. Sounds like you are looking forward to some down time for yourself and with friends. We all need that. Sorry about your headaches and glad it is gone and you are feeling better.

Hugs to your bunnies!

Judit Gueth said...

The colours are beautiful! I love the pinkish tone of the illustration; it ties everything together nicely!

Lori said...

Mandy I have missed you! I am busy catching up on all that is going on with you. Please. I LOVE the bird. The background is fabulous and really pulls it all together. My favorite part of this post is that a house full of happy bunnies is really all you want for Christmas...