Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

AOM Display Refreshed

So last week, I had alot of shifts at my arts collective, Art On Main. They were great shifts though where I met alot of lovely people including quite a few who were crazy about my work and wanted to shake my hand and who continued to make my head puff up about 10 times it's normal size, ha ha. But they were also shifts full of chores getting done, a lovely surprise visit from my mom, whom also brought lunch:D and actually even abit of willy-nilly web surfing which was relaxing because I can't remember the last time I was on the Internet just to browse. Also I took a couple hours to rearrange and refresh my artists space and I am happy with the results...what do you think?

I brought in my 7 paper cuts, 3 of the more intricate designs are hanging in my space for $155 a piece. Four are to be hung for our members show where they will be only $100.00 a piece(this show runs from Nov 30th to the end of December with the opening happening this Friday evening).

I was pretty giddy with how elegant and finished off my paper cuts looked in frames.

That's all for today...join me tomorrow for the first batch of my favourite photographs from a Toronto trip this past summer. Join me again on Thursday for some photos of City Walks and do try to join me again Friday where I plan to share another Beautiful Bird. We have now officially begun our winter and are covered in snow with more apparently coming tonight...I normally wouldn't worry but I still have pots and garden hoses, etc to pick up! yikes!

4 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

The paper cuts look gorgeous! Wow. The whole setup just draws the eye! There is so much to see. I love the Nubbins too. :-)

Dogwood said...

Oh, oh my gosh. You are amazing. I love the display and beautiful colors in you art. Keep up the grate wor.

Lori said...

O.M.G. You do papercuts too?!! Did I know that? I don't think I did. Wow you are an artist queen to me! LOVE the new set up. Makes me think about my co-op and how my works looks...hmmm. Maybe I need to do some rearranging! I love that you were visited by people who appreciate and celebrate your work.

Jonathan said...

Since I am commenting on this post a bit late, all I can say is forget about the hoses...they are now officially burried under snow.

As for your display...looks great, as always.