Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beautiful Blogosphere Friendships

I am not able to show new work this week as planned but I did want to pop to post about a special person, Lori Portka over at Happiness Through Art. Blogging has become a lovely part of my life, I now not only call myself an illustrator, an artist, and a creator but also now I proudly add 'blogger' to the list. Over the past few months I've finally been feeling like I am getting abit of a 'blogosphere family' and that means the world because it means lots of lovely, supportive, beautiful people taking precise time to reach out and leave comments and encourage me. Lori is one of my new blogging buddies, we started chatting and encouraging one another a few months back now and I don't think we'll stop doing so anytime soon, which I am so grateful for. I am convinced now more than ever through this lovely new friendship that indeed you can find kindred souls and inspiring friendships in the huge world of blogs...So today I send out a big hug and thanks to my New York pal, ha ha Lori Portka. Also Lori was super sweet by doing this really lovely and long post about me on her own blog a few weeks back, I just love what she composed, thanks again Lori...

I've also been meaning to thank Lori for the little surprise package of goodies which arrived in the mail a couple weeks ago, I honestly had to wait 2 weeks for the sun to make an appearance so I could take a nice sunny shot of the goodies...the cards she picked out for me are lovely and I will proudly and happily hang them in my studio for inspiration, I admit though that her sweet little thank you note was my favourite part of the parcel almost, ha ha...

Lori's blog and work is fun, cheerful, bright, honest and inspiring...so do have a visit.

I plan to do a few interviews sometimes soon on this blog oh mine, mostly of local artists I think but I'll make a few exceptions and have already asked Lori if I could interview her and she agreed, yay! When that's coming however, I don't know yet ha ha...but cheers to beautiful blogging friendships.

6 comments:

Judit Gueth said...

What a nice little package! It would definitely cheer your day!:-) I love the tree card (the colours are beautiful) and the poppy card!

Dogwood said...

Blogging is wonderful. Isn't it just wonderful to have friends that are so dear. Lovely little gifts. Lucky girl.

Have a great day.

Jonathan said...

Seems like you blogging is finally maturing to where you've wanted it to be :-)

Lori said...

MANDY! Your post made my day. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that we have become friends. Really, so grateful.

Lori said...

And I really love what you wrote about my artwork. And the picture- thank you for making it all look so pretty.
I am so uplifted - thank you!

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Isn't it amazing the friendships we can make through our blogs? Who knew??? Not only can we be entertained, educated, and inspired by other bloggers, I have found great support there, as well.
Take care Mandy. :)
Bridget