Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A New Image....Another Beautiful Bird

Hi there...here's another Beautiful Bird...I have 24 designed for this collection so far and I am having so much fun with them. This one is a cardinal...of sorts I guess...I am by no means going for any kind of realistic interpretation but really just want to create some beautiful little birds that will cheer one up with their colour and/or expressions and perhaps even to remind people of how special and beautiful our natural world is. It's also so fun and full filling somehow to play around with the shapes of the plumage.
I'll let you know when it's available as a ready to hang mounted print in my shop.

For anyone local...don't forget tommorow night (Friday) is North Bay's old-fashioned downtown Christmas walk and I'll be at my artists collective, Art On Main from 6pm-9pm most likely (if I am not stuck in 'last-minute-pulling-my-hair-out-still-to-do's' for 'City Walks'!) ...it should be fun and festive so come on out.

And mentioning 'City Walks', again for anyone local, don't forget to join me and all the other hardworking artisans for the City Walks tour/sale this Saturday 9:30-4:30.

I'll be at Mary Bon's place so come on out and say Hello:D I'll be selling my art cards, bird nubbins, tons of necklaces and some xmas decorations. P.S. Have you seen this YouTube Video of french artist Nathalie Lete painting a mural...it's lovely and soooo makes me a)want to get back to a large free painting and b)paint a fabulous white design on glass and see where it goes from there:D Check it out if you need inspiration.

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Too bad there isn't a bit of snow for the xmas walk...although knowing North Bay, it will probably be her soon.

I love your birds Bijou....they really POP!

Dogwood said...

Love the bird. The detail is wonderful. Oh, the eye is amazing.

Judit Gueth said...

I like his face and eye! And the colours are gorgeous!

Jenn said...

I'm loving your birdie series. I just want to pet their little heads, they are so cute!

Lori said...

Again, loving where you live :) You are doing 24 birds? That's awesome!