Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We Were Graced...

I've been so anxious to share these photos with you...We were graced with the beautiful presence of this remarkable creature not long ago...he ended up about a metre and a half away from me and was breathtaking. I had never been that close to a deer before and I was so entranced I think I forgot to breathe for a couple minutes. Luckily I had my trusty camera with me and he didn't seem to mind me snapping away at least 50 or 60 photos....I picked just a few of my favourite shots to show you...when I open my photography shop I think these will defiantly be some of the first ones listed...
...Oh just so amazingly beautiful...I've no ideal how people can hunt these serenely innocent animals...BUT...my soul was made lighter and brighter for seeing and being near this creature, thats for sure.

9 comments:

Christina said...

Just beautiful. Their eyes tell a story dont they?

Judit Gueth said...

How beautiful! Wow! It must have been magical to be able to get so close to such a beautiful animal. You must have felt truly blessed!

Jenn said...

What a beautiful and majestic creature. I can't believe the photos you were able to get!

RG said...

A big one. Great photos. We live where there is lots of cover, few predators, and little hunting. There are many and they are NOT shy! They EAT gardens, apple trees, roses, ...

But, still ...

Charlotte said...

Oh my God, they are beautiful. The one where she is licking her lips... (I mean, how many people can say they have snapped a deer's tongue?!) and then the last one where her nose is shining like a mirror... gosh.

And I'm with you on the cruelty thing. It makes me shudder and want to cry to think about it.

Love Charlotte
x

Dogwood said...

Oh, my. I have tears in my eye. So handsome. I love all your photos. What a face that guy has and his cute nose.

Those photos are so professional.

Lori said...

Oh he is beautiful. Makes me want to tear up. What a gift to be in his presence. He knew he was safe with you.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Magnificant!! Such a beautiful creature!

Jonathan said...

Not only was it a great opportunity to take some pictures, but we also kept him from crossing the busy street where that transport was coming down the hill. Our good deed for the day for sure.