Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, April 16, 2010

Funky Fish

Introducing another of my fun and funky fish...I've made over 10 now and I just LOVE making them, colouring them in after I design them feels just so lovely and relaxing and satisfying...yes satisfying is the key feeling. I really never thought I'd enjoy doing work in a series, but I was told that it was perhaps what I needed to do to get more opportunities, so I reluctantly gave it a try and started with the small series of 5 "Avian Birds"....but now that I've tried it, I love it and now I can see why so many other artists work this way...it's not debilitating at all, if anything it opens up the imagination and creative process even more...

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this guy, my newest Funky Fish. The originals have flecks of gold paint and sometime silver, which looks so lovely...I don't know how that will translate to the prints yet but I'll see soon as I'll be putting some in the Etsy shop . The originals are already available at Art On Main . (The original has been sold) I have started on a few other series on top of the Beautiful Birds and Funky Fish series. Sometimes I get so excited about them I can't sleep!

I've also been slowly converting the upstairs studio space to include space for sewing and stuffie making and I am hyped about that because I've been craving to make more...this weekend I am on a mission to find a bolt of quilters muslin. I've also been playing with clay:D...Really there just isn't enough time in a day is there!

Otherwise it's been a hard week for me, a bad migraine set in late Tuesday, got abit better Wednesday but hit again hard Thursday so I did have to endure my gallery shifts with another bad pounding...people say I make migraines and headaches look easy but that's just because I have a high pain threshold and I am a tough cookie, ha ha but I have to clarify that it's defiantly not easy...especially when your walking around for days on end feeling like puking all over, on top of the pain but because of the pain...ugh...but I have no choice but to punch through the pain and carry on as best I can because if I didn't I'd be in bed with ice and heat packs probably 75% of my life! I think also that I've had this head pain since I was quite young just makes it something I have to deal with, I am not giving up on decreasing the frequency or intensity, don't get me wrong and some days I do defiantly get defeated and end up in a dark bedroom for a day or two...Anyhow, enough about that, I just want to share this with you because it is defiantly part of my daily life and part of my artistic struggle/journey.. Before I head out I must mention my beautiful dear friend Judit Gueth, wallpaper and carpet designer extraordinaire, she's been incredibly busy with the birth of her first baby yet she's still managed to carry on with her business and get some incredible coverage/showcases head on over to her blog to see two new exciting publications she's in.

I posted alot this week so I might take abit of a blogging break, maybe until next Wednesday, but we'll see I usually can't stay away for too long cause I am always so anxious to share new things with you...in the meantime, be well and Happy Hoppings to you:D

5 comments:

Karen M said...

This one's a real beauty, Mandy.
Hope your headache eases up, and you have a great weekend.

Art by Katalin said...

I love the colours on this one! It's really popping out from the dark background!
Good luck with your new endeavors! I'm excited to see them!
Have a happy and pain free weekend! :)

Judit Gueth said...

I love the colours too! Hope your nasty headache gets better. It would be horrible to sit at the gallery with a sore head.

Thanks so much for posting the link to my blog!! Miss you Chicken! Hope you feel better. Love, J.

Faith said...

Hi! I've had fun looking around your blog, so much to look at and enjoy! I can totally relate to your satisfaction that you talk about in coloring your fish series in. I just love that feeling, nothing like it. :) Also, the pictures of your husband snuggling with one of your bunnies a couple of posts back are absolutely precious.

Jonathan said...

Friggin migraines :-(

Funky fish is cool indeed. You must be dreaming of Fish, Birds and Bunnies lately.