Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tiny Love Rabbit...

Hi Everyone, hope your long May 24 weekend was a great one. Ours was very good (except for a bad headache Friday and a piece of glass finding it's way deep into my foot late Friday night so I couldn't walk on it till I finally got it out late in the day Saturday, ha ha!), other than those draw backs we got loads done, relaxed lots, ate lots of yummies, spent alot of time out in the yard with the buns and I of course am always happy to have my man home for 3 days instead of just 2. So yeah on Friday my head was pretty sore, I wasn't able to move around much until 2 in the afternoon, at which point I dragged myself outside into the yard with Jinny and Jaks with my coloured pencils and supplies and conjured up this little cutie...

First I tried him in this sweet little green frame...but this is one of my favourite frames that I didn't really want to sell...

Than I tried him in this other frame and I think he looks great in it...it's at the gallery right now...but I am honestly perfectly fine if no one wants to buy him cause I'd love to bring him home again, ha ha...

Do you guys think I should add this one to the prints in my Etsy Shop????
It's super hot here lately and with any super hot days the house is darkened with blinds and curtains pulled and doors and windows shut, in an attempt to keep things cooler for the buns...it's always so lovely in the evening to open things up wide again, to romp around the yard with the rabbits in the dusk of a cool evening whiles we cook our dinners outside instead of in...ahhh the simple blissful routines of summer:D

7 comments:

Karen M said...

Definitely one for the shop.

It's hot here too. We are keeping the frozen water bottles on full rotation 24 hrs a day for the bunnies.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Karen.

Do your buns actually lay beside the bottles? we had 1 years ago that did that but none of the sweeties we have now will do that.

We had an english angora named Beanie and he would actually sit in the fridge for abit to cool off, ha ha...(the door was propped open of course and we always watched him) but he'd hear that door open and come running for the bottom shelf, stretch right out, kick his little legs out....it was so funny.

With the babies now, we take cold water and wet their ears, they all seem to like that...except for Jaks but so far he's the only one who dosen't seem hot, he's not panting or anything but than his fur is very thin compared to the others.

Anyhow...hope you and yours stay cool:D thanks for hopping in Karen. XO M.

Art by Katalin said...

Hey Mandy! I have to catch up on your blog!
I'm glad you are enjoying your summer days with your buns! I liked reading your previous post about the squirrel..so funny that she's using your shelf for eating her treats! I wish my backyard squirrels would come in for a treat too..but usually they run away with it!..haha :)
I love this new piece! So cute and for sure you have to put it in the shop!
Take care! xo

Dogwood said...

Love the new little bunny art piece. Yes, in your Etsy shop. It WILL sell I am sure of it.

Stay cool...

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Mandy I do believe you should put it in your Etsy shop. It's a wonderful piece!

Jonathan said...

You know what I will say, if you don't want to sell a piece, don't.

Let's hope the heat breaks, we could all use some cold temps for a bit.

Lori said...

Mandy, I really love this. A lot.