Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Illustration "Fauna & Flora 1"

I am so excited to show you all one of my newest illustrations. This little sweetie is suppose to be our beautiful Jin. When she was sick a few months back, I was doing some sketching to keep myself from going crazy with worry and the drawing has been sitting there in my sketchbook calling to me and whispering 'come on, colour me already, I bet I'll be something extra sweet...' and well I think it turned out to be just that...I love the simple message, I love the soft colour, I love the serenity in it and that sweet delicate little birdie, & of course the subject matter, ha ha...What do you all think? I think more of these little beauties are to be conjured up...

(Prints are now available in the shop. The original however has been adopted, by me! ha ha.)

I hope you all had a great weekend...we sure did, (I'll share some photos soon), despite the heat we still managed to jump in the car for a few hours of adventuring, we spent lots of time by the water, had some great meals, picked over 20 litres of strawberries which included a super fun tractor ride, ha ha and we also fit in lots of gardening, yard work and most importantly of course, the buns got oodles of time outside, so needless to say we're all somewhat pooped but ready to head into this Monday & what will be a very busy week with happy hearts. Thanks for hopping in...come again soon, I've got lots of new stuff to show you all. XO Bijou & The Buns.

8 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's fantastic! I looooooooove it! Mandy...good things are coming. I just know it!
Hugs my friend!

Dogwood said...

Now that is truly the cutest little bunny with flowers on it. Your creative juices are really flowing in the most wonderful way.

Glad you had a fun day and wishing you more fun today.

Dogwood/Cory

Diane said...

I LOVE, LOVE this--wonderful palette. Your etsy store is so fun to explore.

Lavender Rabbit said...

Love this! Absolutely awesome!

Judit Gueth said...

Definitely not your regular colour palette. It's a beautiful tribute to Jin.

Lori said...

ohhhhh I LOVE it.

Jonathan said...

I think that one is a keeper, Jinny and Jaks have asked that I purchase it and put it in their house.

Jonathan said...

That one is a keeper. Jinny and Jaks have asked that I buy it and put it in their house.