Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Illustration Friday "Atmosphere"

I usually like to keep the stuff I show you on this blog in the present tense BUT when I saw that this weeks' Illustration Friday theme was "Atmosphere" I felt I had the perfect image for the topic & it is still one of my favourite coloured pencils...so I didn't think you'd mind seeing an oldie!


(A print is indeed available in my Shop, click here if your interested)

This illustration was conjured up way back in 2004 when I read a national geographic article about how insects and especially bees can actually change our planets weather patterns & atmosphere, it was very interesting, slightly scary and defiantly inspiring read...

Have a fantastic weekend everyone....See you Monday.

6 comments:

Charis said...

Great work! I especially love how the combs function as frames.

Judit Gueth said...

This one has always been one of my favourite drawings!

Anonymous said...

pretty cool stuff here thank you!!!!!!!

danielle daniel said...

Thank-you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. This illustration is wonderful... so whimsical! So nice to meet you and I will be back to visit again! :)

Jonathan said...

It may be an older image, but it is as relavant as ever.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's so perfect for today. Beautiful as always. Your eye for color is so incredible to me.
xx, shell and sugie bunny