Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

These Days...

I am busy toiling away with a couple new projects...oh who am I kidding, it's not just a couple, it's more like 10, I've always been bad for that but I guess a surplus of creative activity is better than none & I know it slows some projects down but I eventually always get them all figured out!


Some of the projects I am working on this week involved Felt & Fabric & Buttons & Beads & other wonderful things like embroidery floss & cute pin cushions, breaks to read from my current book & snacks

 

....oh and most importantly, I am working on these projects mostly on the floor so I have the best company imaginable...


...so what if the furries interupt alot & make demands that I stop my work to give them parsley snacks & snuggles & so what if, occasionally Ella Luna will decide that I need to move out of the way and that she likes to expedite doing so, so she grabs my supplies & flings them far & wide, ha ha, these are co-worker demands which I can definatly and happily give in to...

....But ahhhh, days are feeling lovely indeed (despite much headpain)...lovely lovely lovely I must say. 
My mom & I even snuck out yesterday for a matinee of 'Eat, Love, Pray"...ahhhh summer matinees are one of lifes pleasures aren't they...that and just yesterday the finding of a fabulous comforter/sheet set for super cheap for some speacil house guests arriving soon....

I can feel summer slowing to a halt, but you know I don't mind...winter days means rest, hibernation of sorts & usually alot more artwork getting done than in summer...roaring fires, naps, more time to sink into books, even more bunny snuggle time (which is where my center & balance can usually be found), skiing & hot chocalate..I could go on but will just say whiles I am still basking in summer days & a couple more long weekends with my honey, I also find my soul already welcoming in the goods and coziness of the fall & winter fast approaching......ahhhhhhh........

So, that's it for today, thanks for hopping in everyone, your continued visits, comments & emails really do nourish this beloved blog of mine, so once again thanks a million times.  XO M & The Bunnies XO.

10 comments:

Karen M said...

What a great picture of your helper. I love your description of how she "assists" you. Weasley sorts paperwork for me in a similar fashion. And my kids love to have him eat their homework! Can't wait to see what you are up to.

Kristin Dudish said...

Sounds like you're really enjoying the last of summer :)

I can totally relate to having so many projects all at once. (Sometimes I wonder if I spread myself a bit too thin)

p.s. the photo of you is beautiful

Mandy Saile said...

Ah shucks thanks Kristin, ha ha.

And Karen thanks to you as well, hope Ginny & Weasley are doing well.

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

Pure enjoyment for the day ... !

Lori said...

What a sweet post Mandy. I am in the middle of projects too- I guess I should get off the computer! haha I love that you see the end of summer in a positive light. Me too. I love fall and fireplaces and snuggling in- I love the coziness of it all too. Enjoy your day!! Also- I love what you wrote about my dog Mia- so funny- she did look exhausted!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

This is such a great post Mandy. I do believe you truly have the best assistants ever!
I too am ready for the Fall season.
xx, shell and sugie bunny

Dogwood said...

Ahhh...another nice blog post from you. My cat does the same thing when I work on project on the floor. Our pets are definitely the greatest!

I love the coming of Fall and Winter time. Although right now it is very hot. Supose to cool off by the weekend.

Nice photo.

amy friend said...

so fun to be alive with ideas and creativity! and to take in the seasons for all the beauty and opportunities they offer... i'll choose this today ~ instead of a case of overwhelm. :)

Jenn said...

I adore your co-workers! That's the best kind to have.

Jonathan said...

Great pics. That Jaks is such a little beggar :-)