Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The North Bay Symphony Garden Tour

Hi everyone, I finally found the time to get some photos together about the North Bay Symphony Garden Tour I was part of a couple weeks back.

There are so many favourite shots from this beautiful day but here are a few to give you a feeling for the day, which was so wonderful. (and Jon is working on another mini site for this event so they'll be more to share there, I can't wait!).

I was in Arlington Hoffman amazing Garden & he had his fabulous watercolour work scattered in frames, on little easels throughout his garden, it was the perfect touch...
I was set up on a table underneath a tent, which I was so glad I brought because it got pretty hot that day.  I decided to work with abit of watercolour myself & started in on a coloured bird with flowers...
Here is a beautiful watercolour of Arlie's I had never seen of a tasty loaf of bread.  He has the ability to bring beauty & serenity to most quiet of objects...
I took so many photos that I think will be really lovely to work from in coloured pencil later on down the road & Jon took many great shots & lots of video as well...(thanks again babe).
There were musicians playing for a few hours in the morning & that was wonderful & added quite abit of charm to the day, especially these guys (Andrew Palangio & Erik Faucon) who played & sang more current & hipper songs...
Here is my pal Julie with my adopted grandpa Arlie & moi...Julie is one of my few local friends who I can always count on to come out in support & interest...Thanks Jules.
And Julie brought along her little sweetie-pie Poppy, who was a complete delight & really made my day extra special...
I had all of my work set up on a long table, under the tent.  I decided to display mostly watercolour work as that was what I was demonstrating for the day.  I also had a selection of art cards for sale & a book for people to sign up for my email newsletter.
It really was a great experience.  When they asked me to join in on the event, I said yes without really knowing what to expect but I am so glad I did.  The whole event & day was just lovely & completley relaxed (for a change) and I am already signed up to participate again next year. 

This 16th annual event helped to raise over $2600 for our local symphony & more than 400 hours went into volunteer time including the time of the artists, musicians, volunteers & hosts.  It was a wonderful event I am proud to have been a part of.  Thanks for having a look.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Mandy, this is magical!!

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

Mansy, Thanks for shareN these photographs, they are beautiful and I loved the detailed work of your illustrations.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Looks amazing! If I had a garden like this I would put my art on easels too. :) Love that idea! And your display looked awesome! Great photos.

Kristin Dudish said...

What a wonderful event... Art & nature is always a winning combination. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos!

Art by Katalin said...

Oh Mandy..this is wonderful! What a great idea and a beautiful setting to hold this event! My daughter just begin playing in the Niagara Youth Symphony and I think they could use the help of an event like this!
Loved the display and your illo you did there! Thanks for sharing this! I'll go and watch those videos now! :)

Lori said...

This all looks amazing. It seems like you have such a wonderful artist community there. How beautiful Mandy.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Mandy, your pics are always so beautiful! What a perfect place to exhibit your art work. Looked to be a perfect day. And a bunny, too! What could be better? :)

Mandy Saile said...

Thank you lovely ladies for you comments, they mean so much. It was a great day although at the same time our Roo Boo was at home sick and not eating so whiles I was trying to be present during the day and in the beautiful setting my heart was at home with Roo, thankfully Jon was zooming back and forth between the 2 of us making sure I had everything I needed and Roo was okay...it was a stressful 48 hours after that with Roo BUT atleast I got the garden tour done and had a relatively great time considering:D...I plan to do some coloured pencils from some of these garden shots, can't wait:D

Jonathan said...

That was a really fun day, despite Roo being sick...I think we manged everything quite well.