Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life Is Good...Live It...A New Illustration

I am so excited about this newest illustration of mine. It is just pure good old coloured pencil on a brand new Arches paper I am trying for the first time & which I am in love with...

I had this sketched out ages ago, literally the design sat in my sketchbook for atleast 2 years, than last month I actually transferred it to the paper & when I saw that Illustration Fridays theme this week was 'double', I instantly thought of this image & that it was the perfect time to get it done & I am just so so happy with the colour & how playful yet peaceful the creatures are.  It was created slowly but surely because I had a pretty sore head whiles I worked away on this one & well I had to really make sure I was paying attention because coloured pencil is pretty unforgiving to mistakes but it was also made with the beautiful company of my sweet Ella Luna snuggled up to my feet almost the whole time I was colouring it so definatly it has extra good mojo:D....what do you think?

(Prints are available in my Etsy Shop)

We had the most fun evening at a friends party for an art exhibition opening, it was a gin & tonic party & I admit to never ever having one before...well now consider me a gin & tonic gal, ha ha.  We also had some rabbit drama today of Ella Luna & a ground hog holing up in the same burrow, that made for some serious heart palpitations & for one very super duper sonic speed bike ride home for Jonathan!  We are so looking forward to this weekend, it's going to be another great one, I can feel it:D  Be Well Lovely people, Be Well.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Don't you love how you put something away because it was'nt the right time. Now is their time. How wonderful it turned out. Love it, too.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much Diana. It is funny how a certain image will just suddenly put it's hand up higher than all the rest & that's the one you pick to get done:D

Art by Katalin said...

Beautiful work Mandy! I especially like the smiles on their faces!
I am also looking forward to this long weekend...hope yours will be fun and filled with happiness and sunshine! Take care!:)

Lori said...

It's lovely Mandy! I love the symmetry of your work- it just draws people in.

Jonathan said...

I really love these images you are coming up with....the colours are great.